2023 SHANNONS MONACO HISTORICS COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
- This competition ("Competition") is conducted by Shannons Pty Limited, ABN 91 099 692 636 (“the Promoter”), of Level 23, 80 Ann Street, Brisbane, Queensland 4000, ph 13 46 46.
- All entry instructions and prize information provided by the Promoter form part of these conditions. By entering, entrants accept these conditions.
The Competition is only open to individuals who: (i) are Australian
residents aged 18 years or older at time of entry; and (ii) are not
directors, management or employees, or their immediate family
members, of the Promoter or its related companies, its agencies, or
other companies associated with, or benefiting from, the Competition
A reference to “immediate family member(s)” means any of the following: spouse, child, sibling or parent.
- Competition entry commences at 12.00am on 1 August 2023 and closes at 11.59pm on 13 December 2023 ("Entry Period"). Except as otherwise stated, all times are Melbourne time.
In these conditions:
- “Competition Website” means shannons.com.au/monaco/.
- “New Eligible Shannons Motor Insurance” means a new Shannons Motor (Car and/or Motorbike) Insurance Policy (excluding CTP Insurance), OR a new Risk (defined below) added to an existing Shannons Insurance Motor (Car and/or Motorbike) Policy. The Issuer’s normal underwriting criteria apply. Excludes renewals.
- “New Eligible Shannons Home & Contents Insurance” means a new Shannons Home & Contents Insurance Policy (includes building only, contents only or building and contents cover). The Issuer’s normal underwriting criteria apply. Excludes renewals.
- “Risk(s)” means items covered within an insurance policy (such as vehicles insured under a motor insurance policy or the insured address under a home and contents insurance policy). For the avoidance of doubt, a combined building and contents policy constitutes one risk for the purposes of this Competition. The Issuer’s normal underwriting criteria apply.
- “Issuer” means AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807 AFSL 230859.
To enter the Competition:
- an Eligible Entrant must during the Entry Period:
- Purchase New Eligible Shannons Motor Insurance. An Eligible Entrant will receive 10 (ten) entries for each new Risk. Each Risk must remain active and be fully paid at the end of the Entry Period (11.59pm on 13 December 2023) if paid annually, or if by instalments these must be up to date at the end of the Entry Period (11.59pm on 13 December 2023); or
- Purchase New Eligible Shannons Home & Contents Insurance. An Eligible Entrant will receive 5 (five) entries for each new Risk. Each Risk must remain active and be fully paid at the end of the Entry Period (11.59pm on 13 December 2023) if paid annually, or if by instalments these must be up to date at the end of the Entry Period (11.59pm on 13 December 2023).
- an Eligible Entrant who is an existing customer of the Promoter and holds a Shannons Motor (car and/or Motorbike) Insurance Policy (excluding CTP insurance) and/or Shannons Home & Contents Insurance Policy (including building only, contents only, or building and contents cover) will automatically receive 1 (one) entry into the Competition for each Risk insured (i.e. each vehicle insured or insured address). Each existing Risk must have a start date prior to the beginning of the Entry Period (12:00am on 1 August 2023), remain active and be fully paid if paid annually or the instalments must be up to date at the end of the Entry Period (11.59pm on 13 December 2023).
For avoidance of doubt, any Risk (including existing Risk) that is cancelled, lapses or is removed from an insurance policy during the Entry Period will not receive an entry (or entries as the case may be) into the Competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right to modify or suspend the Competition Website from time to time, at the Promoter’s discretion, without notice to any Eligible Entrant due to unforeseen circumstances out of the Promoters control i.e. website outage. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption or delay an Eligible Entrant may experience from the Promoter modifying or suspending the Competition Website. Subject to regulatory approval.
- It is a condition of entry that Eligible Entrants consent to receive Shannons marketing communications and do not opt out during the Entry Period.
- Shannons Pty Limited ABN 91 099 692 636 is an authorised representative of AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807 AFSL 230859, the product issuer. Read the relevant Product Disclosure Statement before buying insurance. Go to shannons.com.au for a copy. The Target Market Determination is also available.
- Any Eligible Entrant who the Promoter automatically enters into the Competition in accordance with condition 6 who wishes to not participate in the Competition can email email@example.com and request for their entry to be removed from the draw
- Entrants may only enter the Competition in their own name. Multiple entries are permitted, but each entry must comply with these conditions.
- Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Entry Period. Entries will be deemed received by the Promoter at the time that it is received by the Promoters information system.
- Cost of entry via the internet is free, but internet connection and usage rates may apply. Eligible Entrants should obtain details of such costs from their service providers. The maximum cost of a call to 13 46 46 will not exceed 55 cents + GST when made from an Australian land line. Calls from mobile phones or pay phones may attract a higher rate.
- The Promoter is not responsible if your mobile device, desktop computer or similar electronic device is not sufficiently capable for the purpose of submitting an entry.
- The Promoter may reject entries if there is reasonable evidence that they have been entered using automated entry means or by use of a competition entry service.
- The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, with reasonable grounds declare an entry invalid if the entry is not in accordance with these conditions or disqualify any entrant that tampers with the entry process or benefits from such tampering or otherwise acts in a manner that is disruptive, dishonest or calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right to require the winner to verify the validity of their entry within a reasonable requested time, including but not limited to an entrant’s identity and eligibility and to disqualify any entrant who does not satisfy any entry criteria in these conditions.
DRAW AND PRIZE
- All valid entries received during the Entry Period will be entered into the prize draw. The random prize draw will be held at 12.00pm on 17 January 2024 at Engage Interactive, 24 Washpool Crescent, Woongarrah, NSW 2259.
- There is one prize to be won. The first valid entry randomly drawn will win the prize. The Promoter may draw reserve entries in a prize draw and record them in order to use in the instance an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn, or if a prize is not claimed in accordance with these Competition terms (“Reserve Entries”).
- The prize is a trip for two adults (i.e. the prize winner and their nominated travelling companion) to France and Monaco in May 2024, consisting of:
- 2 adult premium economy class airfares from the winner’s nearest Australian capital city to Paris, France departing 2 May 2024 (arrives 3 May 2024);
- 2 adult premium economy class airfares from Nice, France to the winner’s nearest Australian capital city departing 13 May 2024 (arrives 14 May 2024);
- Airport transfers from Paris Airport to the Paris Hotel for 2 adults in Paris, France on on 3 May 2024;
- 4 nights twin share accommodation of the Promoter’s choice for two (2) adults in Paris, France in a minimum 4-star hotel. Check in: 3 May 2024. Check out: 7 May 2024;
- Transfers from the Paris Hotel to the Paris train station (Gaye de Lyon) for 2 adults in Paris, France on 7 May 2024;
- 2 adult first-class train tickets from Paris, France to Nice, France on 7 May 2024.
- Transfers from the Nice train station (Gare de Nice-Ville) to the Nice Hotel for 2 adults in Nice, France on 7 May 2024;
- 3 nights twin share accommodation of the Promoter’s choice for two (2) adults in Nice, France in a minimum 4-star hotel. Check in: 7 May 2024. Check out: 10 May 2024;
- Transfers from the Nice Hotel to the Nice train station (Gare de Nice-Ville) for 2 adults in Nice, France on 10 May 2024;
- 2 adult train tickets from Nice, France to Monaco, Principality of Monaco on 10 May 2024;
2024 Monaco Historic Grand Prix Package for 2 adults on the 11-12
May 2024 including:
- 3 nights twin share accommodation of the Promoter’s choice for two (2) adults in Monaco, Principality of Monaco in a minimum 4-star hotel. Includes breakfast. Check in: 10 May 2024. Check out: 13 May 2024.
- Hospitality tickets to the Garnier Suite, Hotel De Paris on 11 May 2024 including viewing terrace, buffet luncheon, and wine, beer and soft drinks all day; and
- Hospitality tickets to Midi Terrace, Hotel Hermitage on 12 May 2024 including viewing terrace, buffet luncheon, and wine, beers and soft drinks all day;
- Transfers from the Monaco Hotel to Nice Airport for 2 adults in Nice, France on 13 May 2024;
- $5,000 AUD spending money (transferred to the winner via EFT upon notification of account details);
- One new MY23 FTR Sport Indian Motorcycle (“the Motorcycle”) in White Lightning/Indy Red (N23FZM22Z8), including 12 months* registration (in the winner’s State/Territory of residence), 12 months* compulsory third party (“CTP”) insurance and transfer stamp duty. Valued at up to $25,995 ride away (on road costs differ nationally). Refer to condition 21 for insurance terms and conditions;
- 12 months* Shannons comprehensive motorcycle insurance cover for the Motorcycle including ‘Shannons Roadside Assist Enthusiast Cover’ and ‘Hire Car After an Event for Unlimited Days’ options. Approximate value $1,200. Subject to conditions 21 (insurance terms and conditions) and 22; and
- if the winner is a member of the Shannons Club with a profile image and enthusiast vehicle image at the time of the draw, they will receive an additional $5,000 AUD additional spending money (transferred to the winner via EFT upon notification of account details) To be a member of the Shannons Club the Eligible Entrant must join the club for free at www.shannons.com.au/club/ by the end of the Entry Period.
The issuance of Shannons Insurance is subject to the Issuer’s
normal acceptance criteria. If the winner falls outside of the
Issuer’s acceptance criteria, the Promoter may not offer the
comprehensive motorcycle insurance portion of the prize to the
winner. Details of how to apply for the insurance will be provided
as part of the winner’s notification. Shannons comprehensive
motorcycle insurance is issued by AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807
(AAI). Shannons Pty Limited ABN 91 099 692 636 is an authorised
representative of AAI. The winner should read the
Product Disclosure Statement
before accepting and applying for the insurance and form their own
view on whether the insurance is suitable having regard to their own
objectives, financial situation and needs. The Target Market
Determination is also available. If the winner resides in NSW, ACT
or Queensland, CTP insurance will be issued:
- In NSW by AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807 trading as GIO. Shannons Pty Limited ABN 91 099 692 636 acts as agent and authorised representative of GIO.
- In ACT by AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807 trading as GIO.
- In Queensland by AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807 trading as Suncorp Insurance.
- The issuance of the Shannons Roadside Assist and Hire Car After an Event for Unlimited Days options are subject to the winner being issued the Shannons comprehensive motorcycle insurance portion of the prize and the Issuer’s normal acceptance criteria. If the winner is not issued comprehensive motorcycle insurance and/or falls outside of the Issuer’s acceptance criteria, the Promoter will not offer the Roadside Assist or Hire Car After an Event for Unlimited Days portion of the prize to the winner. Details of how to apply for Roadside Assist and Hire Car After an Event for Unlimited Days options will be provided as part of the winner’s notification. Shannons Roadside Assist is provided by Digicall Assist Pty Ltd and is subject to separate terms and conditions available at Shannons Roadside Assist Terms and Conditions .
- The winner must arrange their own collection of the Motorcycle from their closest Australian authorised Indian Motorcycle dealership or agent (located in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Newcastle, Townsville, Adelaide, Darwin, Canberra, Tasmania, Tamworth, Wollongong and Perth). Dealer list can be accessed at https://www.indianmotorcycle.com.au/find-a-dealer/list/. The winner will be advised of the dealership location, and the time and date at which the Motorcycle can be collected. The Promoter is not liable for any costs associated with the collection of the Motorcycle. Any collection costs will be at the winner’s expense. If the winner is unable to collect the Motorcycle from the nearest authorised Indian Motorcycle dealership, the winner may elect to incur the cost of transporting the Motorcyclefrom their nearest authorised Indian Motorcycle dealership to an alternate claim point as nominated by the winner and deemed acceptable by the Promoter.
- If the winner is, through any legal incapacity or otherwise, unable to register or insure the Motorcycle in their own name, they may assign the Motorcycle to another person with legal capacity (who consents to the assignment). Such consent must be in writing and be signed by both the winner and the assignee. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any such arrangements between the winner and the assignee. The assignee and/or the winner must in these circumstances cooperate with the Promoter by providing certified copies of all the documentation required by the Promoter for the purposes of transfer of ownership, registration, insurance and roadside assist** before the Motorcycle is awarded.
- To register the Motorcycle, the winner must provide the Promoter with the necessary signed documents and identification to satisfy the state or territory government vehicle registration authority. Once registration is provided by this authority, the Promoter will transfer registration into the winner’s name (or assignee if applicable).
- All components of the prize must be taken together and when offered with two adults travelling together on the same routing as a single trip booked by the Promoter (other than when the prize is unavailable. See Clause 34 below). The prize cannot be used in conjunction with other travel discounts or special offers, and frequent flyer points will not be accrued. The trip must coincide with the 2024 Monaco Historic Grand Prix on 10-11 May 2024. In the event that the dates of the 2024 Monaco Historic Grand Prix change, the trip dates specified will change to align with the event. Except as expressly stated, any part of the Prize that is not taken for any reason or is not taken at the time stipulated by the Promoter is forfeited, and cash will not be supplied in lieu of that part of the Prize.
*Actual period may be less than 365 days depending on the winner’s location and delivery/pick up date, but won’t be less than 11 months residual benefit.
**The issue of Shannons comprehensive motorcycle insurance including the Roadside Assist and Hire Car After an Event for Unlimited Days options to the assignee is subject to the Issuer’s normal underwriting acceptance criteria.
PROVISIONS APPLICABLE TO PRIZE GENERALLY
- The total prize pool is valued at up to $90,802.94 AUD including GST as at 17 May 2023, depending on the winner’s place of departure and if the winner is a member of the Shannons Club (in accordance with condition 20) and on road costs which differ nationally. A prize value is the recommended retail value as provided by the relevant supplier(s). The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in a prize’s value due to exchange rate changes or otherwise.
- Flights and accommodation are subject to booking and availability. All bookings will be arranged for the winner and their travelling companion and are subject to the travel supplier’s terms and conditions which we will supply to the winner. Please contact the Promoter for more information on supplier terms and conditions.
- The winner and their travelling companion are responsible for ensuring that they have all necessary documents, permissions and meet any COVID-19 testing and vaccination requirements (unless exempt) to travel to the relevant destination (including a current passport, international vaccination certificate and any visas that may be required).
- Where a part of the prize involves the winner and their travelling companion attending an event, if any part of the event is abandoned, called off, varied or postponed for any reason, that part of the prize may be forfeited without compensation, subject to the approval of any relevant gaming authorities, where required.
- Any additional costs not expressly stated, but which may be incurred in acceptance and use of a prize, are the responsibility of the winner and their travelling companion. This includes but is not limited to travel costs to and from the points of departure, excess baggage, any meals and drinks, transfer costs, taxes, levies and charges, passports, visas, insurance (such as travel insurance or any additional cost of non-mandated insurance), medical or health related services including due to COVID-19, fuel, toll fees, additional accommodation, additional spending money, extension of stay, additional passengers, tours, and other ancillary costs. These are the responsibility of the winner and their travelling companion.
If the prize is won jointly (for example, in the case of joint
policy holders), the joint prize winners must:
- in respect of the travel component of the prize, one policy holder will need to be nominated to travel and nominate one person over 18 years of age to accompany them;
- in respect of the Motorcycle, nominate one of the joint winners to be the registered owner; and
- in respect of the spending money component of the prize, nominate one account to receive the EFT transfer.
- No compensation will be payable if a winner or their travelling companion is unable to take any element of a prize as stated, or does not satisfy any conditions of use for any element of the prize (including conditions imposed by event organisers or staff, or other prize providers, such as health, behavior, age and safety requirements), for whatever reason (other than when the prize is unavailable. See Clause 34). Any part of a prize that is not taken for any reason is forfeited and no compensation will be provided.
- If a prize (or part of a prize) is unavailable for any reason i.e. global declared pandemic, the Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, substitute alternative goods or services such as cash of equal or higher value, subject to the approval of any relevant gaming authority, where required. The Promoter accepts no other liability or responsibility for any loss incurred by a winner or any other party if a prize (or part of prize) is unavailable for any reason.
- Other than as expressly stated in these conditions, a prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable, non-replaceable, and non-redeemable for another prize including cash, except at the Promoter’s discretion and subject to relevant State and Territory legislation.
- The Promoter encourages the winner and their travelling companion to enjoy any alcohol consumption in moderation. Adults are advised to consider the 'low risk drinking' guideline recommended in the National Health & Medical Research Council’s Australian Alcohol Guidelines which states: for healthy men and women, drinking no more than two (2) standard drinks on any day reduces your risk of harm from alcohol-related disease or injury over a lifetime. Drinking no more than four (4) standard drinks on a single occasion reduces the risk of alcohol-related injury arising from that occasion. A full version of the National Health & Medical Research Council’s Australian Alcohol Guidelines is available at: http://www.nhmrc.gov.au/_files_nhmrc/file/publications/synopses/ds10-alcohol.pdf. The winner and their travelling companion agree that the prize is subject to relevant health, safety and liquor consumption laws, including responsible service of alcohol requirements of any prize provider. The Promoter additionally encourages the winner and their travelling companion to visit the Australian Government’s information site for alcohol at https://www.nhmrc.gov.au/health-advice/alcohol.
- The winner will be notified within 2 business days of the draw by a phone call and email, using the details provided in their entry.
- The prize notification will include instructions as to how the winner is to claim their prize.
- The prize will only be awarded following any winner validation and verification that the Promoter requires in its sole discretion.
- The name of the winner and their State or Territory of residence will be published on the Competition Website on 22 January 2024 for a minimum period of 28 days.
- The name of the winner and their State or Territory of residence will also be published in The Australian newspaper on 22 January 2024.
- Subject, where relevant, to any directions given by a relevant gaming authority, if: (i) the prize is not claimed by a winner or the Promoter has been unable (despite reasonable efforts) to successfully contact the winner on or before 22 February 2024; or (ii) the prize is forfeited for any reason; or (iii) the winner is determined by the Promoter to be ineligible to win the prize in accordance with these conditions, the prize will be forfeited and instead awarded to either to another Eligible Entrant from the list of Reserve Entries, or, if required, to another Eligible Entrant in a redraw. Any such redraw will be made from a pool of the remaining Eligible Entrants and will take place at 12.00pm on 23 February 2024 at the same location as the original draw, with any unclaimed prizes awarded to the next valid entry randomly drawn. The name of any resulting reserve winner or drawn winner and their State or Territory of residence will be published on the Competition Website and in The Australian newspaper on 29 February 2024. If the prize remains un-won at the end of this Competition, or if a prize winner cannot be found, that information will be published on the Competition Website on 4 April 2024.
- The resulting reserve winner(s) or redraw prize winner will be notified within 7 days of the redraw by a phone call and email using the details provided in their entry.
- If any entrant or entry is deemed by the Promoter to have breached these conditions, or if they cannot take the prize at the time of the 2024 Monaco Historic Grand Prix, between 2 - 14 May 2024 (inclusive), their entry will be invalid and if they are the winner the prize forfeited.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions restricts, excludes or modifies any consumer rights under any statute including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- If this Competition is not capable of running as planned, or is interfered with or disrupted in any way due to unforeseen circumstances out of the Promoters control (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, weather event, civil unrest, strikes, pandemics, government restrictions, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the approval of any relevant gaming authorities.
- The Promoter will endeavour to give reasonable support to the winner or any entrant for losses incurred for the following when not due to any fault on the part of the entrant or winner: (i) any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by) the Promoter whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise; (ii) any theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of such communications; (iii) any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Competition; (iv) any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of the administering this Competition (whether as a result of one of the foregoing causes or otherwise); or (v) any delay in delivery (when not directly caused by the Promoter or its supplier), or failure of safe delivery of a prize.
- If any dispute arises between you and the Promoter concerning the conduct of this promotion or claiming a prize, the Promoter will, acting reasonably, consider your point of view, taking into account any facts or evidence you put forward, and to respond to it fairly within a reasonable time. All of the Promoter’s decisions in relation to all aspects of this Competition are final and no further correspondence will be entered into. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- The winner accepts the prize at their own risk. Any tax liability arising as a result of accepting the prize is the responsibility of the winner. Independent financial advice should be sought.
- To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies and any of their personnel (the "Relevant Parties") exclude all liability for any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any Eligible Entrant in connection with the Competition or the prize, including without limitation: (i) any indirect loss such as loss of business or other profits and (ii) any liability for personal injury or death. To the extent that such liability cannot be excluded by law, it is limited to the minimum allowable by law. The Promoter may request that a winner signs and returns a deed of release to this effect as a condition of the prize being awarded. If a winner fails to sign and return such release, they may forfeit the prize.
- The winner must notify the Promoter if they do not wish to participate in promotional activity (such as Shannons Club communication (x1 eNews, x1 Digest & x1 Club Article) and x1 social media post) surrounding winning the prize when reasonably asked to by the promoter. If the winner wishes to participate in promotional activity, the winner agrees this will be free of charge to the Promoter. The winner must also notify the Promoter (when reasonably asked by the Promotor) whether they consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including any photograph, film and/or recording of them) in promotional material related to the competition. If consent is provided, this use would be without notification or compensation, financial or otherwise.
- The Promoter may communicate or advertise this Competition using social media platforms i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter ("Social Media Platform"). However, the Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any Social Media Platform. Each entrant completely releases the Social Media Platforms from any and all liability in relation to this Competition, and acknowledges that this Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any Social Media Platform. Eligible Entrants provide their information to the Promoter and not to any Social Media Platforms.
PRIVACY STATEMENT AND MARKETING CONSENT
- Eligible Entrant’s personal information is collected from entrants (and/or their companion) by or on behalf of the Promoter to enable the Promoter and its agents to manage, administer and promote the Competition and, where applicable, publicise the winner. The personal information may also be provided to persons assisting the Promoter, including prize suppliers and deliverers, marketing agencies and IT providers, and to gaming authorities, media outlets and related companies. The Promoter will disclose Eligible Entrants’ personal information and/or collect personal information about Eligible Entrants from persons overseas to engage in its business functions and activities and for the purposes detailed in this statement. The country/ies the Promoter will usually disclose entrants’ personal information to include France and Monaco. The Promoter will disclose a winner’s first initial, surname and State/Territory of residence to The Australian newspaper for publication. The winner’s name and State or Territory of residence will also be published on the Competition Website. By participating in the Competition (and/or accepting the prize), Eligible Entrants and their companion consent to these uses and disclosures of their personal information.
- Entry into the Competition also entitles the Promoter and any related companies that use the Shannons brand (“we”/”us”) to let the Eligible Entrant know from time to time about news, offers, products and services they might be interested in (by any medium, including telephone, email, mail, SMS or online marketing). In order to carry out direct marketing, entrants’ personal information will be collected from and disclosed to others that provide us with specialised data matching, trending or analytical services, as well as general marketing services. We, and other people who provide us with services, may combine the personal information collected from entrants or others, with the information we, or other companies in the Suncorp Group, or our service providers already hold about entrants. We may also use online targeted marketing, data and audience matching and market segmentation to improve advertising relevance. Each Eligible Entrant agrees that they must provide and/or maintain their consent to receive such marketing communications and not opt out of receiving such communications during the Entry Period.
- Competition permit numbers ACT TP 23/01097.1, SA Licence Number T23/854 & NSW Authority Number TP/00259.