Comprehensive Car Insurance
When you take out insurance the agreed value of your vehicle includes the value of any accessories and modifications that are fitted to your vehicle and paint protection (motor vehicles and motorcycles only).
Your Choice of
Shannons gives you the option to choose your own repairer, or Shannons will manage the repair process for you. It's all about peace of mind in the event you need to make a claim.
With our Comprehensive Car Insurance, if your vehicle is over 35 years old and your vehicle is a total loss, you will keep the unrepaired vehicle.
* NOTE: Salvage rights will not apply if your vehicle is stolen and we settle your claim as a total loss.
- New vehicle after a total loss for vehicles less than 2 years old, if you're the first registered owner
- Hire car after a not at fault incident, while your regular use vehicle is off the road
- One excess free windscreen or window glass replacement or repair claim, for the period of insurance
- Repairs to your vehicle authorised by Shannons are guaranteed for its life
- Up to $1,000 per incident for emergency accommodation if your vehicle is unable to be driven and you are more than 100km from home
- Up to 21 days car hire following theft of your regular use vehicle
Frequency of Motor Vehicle Use
Laid Up Cover
If your car is off the road and is not being driven, our laid up cover will reduce your premium.
Limited Use Cover
If you don't drive your car regularly, special premium rates may be available.
Club Plate Cover
If your car is registered with Club Plates special premium rates may be available.
Product Disclosure Statement
Information on this page is a summary only. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. Before buying this insurance, and for full details of what is and isn’t covered, please read the Motor Insurance Product Disclosure Statement (PDS).
Applies if your policy has a commencement or renewal date on or after 23/03/2021.
REQUEST A QUOTE
This content applies to new policies and renewal policies with a start date after 22 March 2021.