SHANNONS ULTIMATE FORZA MOTORSPORT DRIVING EXPERIENCE COMPETITION CONDITIONS
1. This competition ("Competition") is conducted by Shannons Pty Limited, ABN 91 099 692 636 ("the Promoter"), of Level 28 Brisbane Square, 266 George Street, Brisbane, Queensland 4000.
2. All entry instructions and prize information published by the Promoter form part of these conditions. By entering, entrants accept these conditions.
3. The Competition is only open to individuals who:
- (i) are Australian residents aged 25 years or older at time of entry; and
- (ii) are not directors, management or employees, or their immediate family members, of the Promoter or its related companies or agencies associated with the Competition ("Eligible Entrant").
4. Competition entry commences at 12.00am on 3 August 2015 and closes at 5.00pm on 2 November 2015 ("Entry Period") and is subject to the remainder of this condition 4. Except as otherwise stated, all times are Melbourne time. It will not be possible to apply for an Eligible Insurance Quote via the Competition Website after 28 October 2015. This is to allow enough time for the Promoter's representatives to contact entrants who have requested an insurance quote online and issue them with an Eligible Insurance Quote.
5. In these conditions:
- "Competition Website" means shannons.com.au/forza;
- "Eligible Insurance Quote" means a quote for a Shannons Motor Insurance Policy (car or motorcycle cover, excluding CTP insurance) or a Shannons Home & Contents Insurance Policy (meaning building only, contents only or building and contents cover);
- "Eligible Insurance Policy" means a Shannons Motor Insurance Policy (car or motorcycle cover, excluding CTP insurance) or a Shannons Home & Contents Insurance Policy (meaning building only, contents only or building and contents cover).
6. To enter the Competition, an Eligible Entrant must, during the Entry Period:
- a. Visit the Competition Website, apply for and receive an Eligible Insurance Quote from the Promoter. The Promoter's normal underwriting criteria apply. An Eligible Entrant will receive one entry for each risk quoted on the Eligible Insurance Quote (for the avoidance of doubt, a building and contents Eligible Insurance Quote constitutes one risk for the purposes of this Competition). An Eligible Insurance Quote will not be received immediately upon providing details but the Promoter will endeavour to provide an Eligible Insurance Quote within 2 business days of receiving all relevant information. It will not be possible to apply for an Eligible Insurance Quote via the Competition Website after 28 October 2015; or
- b. Call the Promoter on 13 46 46 and obtain an Eligible Insurance Quote. The Promoter's normal underwriting criteria apply. The Eligible Entrant must provide all details required by the Promoter. An Eligible Entrant will receive one entry for each risk quoted on the Eligible Insurance Quote (for the avoidance of doubt, a building and contents Eligible Insurance Quote constitutes one risk for the purposes of this Competition); or
- c. Purchase a new Eligible Insurance Policy. An Eligible Entrant will receive five entries for each risk insured (ie. vehicle or insured address) under the new Eligible Insurance Policy. For the avoidance of doubt, a building and contents Eligible Insurance Policy constitutes one risk for the purposes of this Competition. The Promoter's normal underwriting criteria apply. An existing customer of the Promoter will not receive any entries into the Competition for renewing an existing insurance policy; or
- d. An Eligible Entrant will automatically receive one entry into the Competition if they hold a fully paid Shannons Home and Contents Insurance Policy at the conclusion of the competition (5pm 2 November 2015) and they have not opted out of receiving Shannons marketing communications.
7. In respect of entries received via Eligible Insurance Quotes, an Eligible Entrant will only receive one entry for obtaining multiple insurance quotes for the same risk.
8. It is a condition of entry that Eligible Entrants consent to receive Shannons marketing communications and do not opt out during the Entry Period.
9. Insurance issued by AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807 AFSL 230859. Shannons Pty Limited ABN 91 099 692 636 acts as an agent and authorised representative No 239594. Read the Product Disclosure Statement before buying insurance. Contact the Promoter for a copy.
10. Any Eligible Entrant who the Promoter automatically enters into the Competition in accordance with condition 6(d) who wishes to not participate in the Competition can email firstname.lastname@example.org and request for their entry to be removed from the draw.
11. Entrants may only enter the Competition in their own name.
12. Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Entry Period. Entries will be deemed received at the time that the Promoter is satisfied that all necessary requirements under condition 6 have been met and not at the time of submission by the Eligible Entrant. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or delays or failures in any equipment or telecommunications service used to administer this Competition.
13. Cost of entry via the internet is free, but internet connection and usage rates may apply. Eligible Entrants should obtain details of such costs from their service providers. The maximum cost of a call to 13 46 46 will not exceed the cost of a local call when made from an Australian land line. Calls from mobile phones or pay phones may attract a higher rate.
14. Eligible Entrants must submit their internet entry manually. The Promoter may reject internet entries if it reasonably forms the opinion that they have been entered using automated entry means or by use of a competition entry service.
15. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, declare an entry invalid or disqualify any entrant that tampers with the entry process or benefits from such tampering, submits an entry that is incomplete or not in accordance with these conditions, or otherwise acts in a manner that is disruptive, dishonest or calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Competition.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to require an entrant to verify the validity of their entry within the requested time, including but not limited to an entrant's identity, eligibility, age and address and to disqualify any entrant who does not satisfy any entry criteria in these conditions. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Proof considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter's discretion.
DRAW AND PRIZE(S)
17. All valid entries received during the Entry Period will be entered into the prize draw. The random prize draw will be held at 12.00pm on 20 November 2015 at Salmat Digital Pty Ltd, Level 2, 116 Miller Street, North Sydney NSW 2060.
18. There is one major prize and 10 minor prizes to be won. The first valid entry randomly drawn will win the major prize. The next 10 valid entries randomly drawn will each win a minor prize.
19. The major prize is a trip for two adults to coincide with the 2016 Indycar Firestone 600 (exact dates to be confirmed, expected June 2016), consisting of:
- 2 adult economy class airfares from the winner's nearest Australian capital city to San Francisco, CA, USA.
- 2 nights accommodation for 2 adults at the Handlery Union Square Hotel, San Francisco, minimum 3.5 star hotel.
- 4 days car hire of a Ford Mustang GT Premium or similar from the Hertz Adrenaline Collection. Pick up and return at San Francisco Airport. The car hire is subject to any terms and conditions specified by the car hire provider.
- 2 adult tickets to dinner and show package in San Francisco, up to the value of $200.
- 2 nights accommodation for 2 adults at the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course, Monterey, minimum 4 star hotel.
- 2 adult tickets for a tour lap of Laguna Seca Raceway, located in Salinas, CA
- 2 adult economy class airfares from San Francisco, SA to Las Vegas, NV
- 3 days car hire of a Ford Mustang GT Premium or similar from the Hertz Adrenaline Collection. Pick up and return at Las Vegas airport. The car hire is subject to any terms and conditions specified by the car hire provider.
- 3 nights accommodation for 2 adults at the Venetian Resort Hotel Casino, Las Vegas, minimum 5 star hotel.
- 2 adults tickets for a driving experience at Las Vegas Speedway. Each including 7 laps driving either a Ferrari or Lamborghini, and a passenger ride in a custom designed speed machine. Drivers must hold a valid Australian driver's licence and be aged 25 years or older.
- A voucher for 2 adults to attend a Las Vegas show of the Promoter's choice up to the value of $200.
- 2 adult economy class airfares from Las Vegas, NV to Dallas, TX
- 6 days car hire of a Ford Mustang GT Premium or similar from the Hertz Adrenaline Collection. Pick up and return at Dallas airport. The car hire is subject to any terms and conditions specified by the car hire provider.
- 4 nights accommodation for 2 adults at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, Dallas, minimum 3.5 star hotel.
- 2 adult tickets for a fast lap of Texas Motor Speedway, located in Fort Worth, TX
- 2 adult Victory Lane Club Suite tickets to the 2016 Indycar Firestone 600 at Texas Motor Speedway, located in Fort Worth, TX
- 2 nights accommodation for 2 adults at The Driskill, Austin, minimum 4 star hotel.
- 2 adults tickets for a tour lap of the Circuit Of The Americas, located in Austin, TX
- Dinner for 2 adults at the Oasis Restaurant located in Austin, TX, up to the value of $200.
- 2 adult economy class airfares from Dallas, TX, USA to the winner's nearest Australian capital city
- $AUD 1,000 spending money (transferred to the winner via EFT)
- If the winner is a member of the Shannons Club with an avatar image, enthusiast vehicle image and ultimate vehicle image at the time of the draw, they will receive an additional $AUD 4,000 spending money (transferred to the winner via EFT). To be a member of the Shannons Club the Eligible Entrant must join the club for free at http://www.shannons.com.au/club.
- 1 Xbox One Kinect Console and the Forza Motorsport 6 game (valued at $699.90)
20. Each minor prize is a Xbox One Kinect Console and the Forza Motorsport 6 game (valued at $699.90).
21. All components of the prize must be taken together and when offered or will be forfeited. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with other travel discounts or special offers, and frequent flyer points will not be accrued.
PROVISIONS APPLICABLE TO PRIZE(S) GENERALLY
22. The total prize pool is valued at up to $42,698.90 AUD including GST (depending on the major prize winner's place of departure) as at 25 June 2015. A prize value is the recommended retail value as provided by the relevant supplier(s). The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in a prize's value due to exchange rate changes or otherwise.
23. Flights and accommodation are subject to booking and availability. All bookings will be arranged for the winner and are subject to the travel supplier's terms and conditions.
24. The winner and their travelling companion(s) are responsible for ensuring that they have all necessary documents and permissions to travel to the relevant destination (including a current passport and any visas that may be required).
25. Where a part of the prize involves the winner and their travelling companion(s) attending an event, if any part of the event is abandoned, called off, varied or postponed for any reason, that part of the prize may be forfeited without compensation at the Promoter's discretion, subject to the approval of any relevant gaming authorities, where required.
26. Any additional costs not expressly stated, but which may be incurred in acceptance and use of a prize, are the responsibility of the winner. This includes but is not limited to travel costs to and from the points of departure, excess baggage, any additional meals and drinks, transfer costs, taxes, levies and charges, passports, visas, insurance (such as travel insurance or any additional cost of non mandated insurance or policy excess reduction in relation to the hire vehicle), medical or health related services, fuel, toll fees, additional accommodation, additional spending money, extension of stay, additional passengers, tours, and other ancillary costs. These are the responsibility of the winner and their travelling companion.
27. If the major prize is won jointly (for example, in the case of joint policyholders), the joint prize winners must:
- (i) in respect of the travel component of the prize, both take the prize together, or jointly nominate one third person (over 18 years of age) to accompany one of them; and
- (ii) in respect of the spending money component of the prize, nominate one account to receive the EFT transfer.
28. No compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to take any element of a prize as stated, or does not satisfy any conditions of use for any element of the prize (including conditions imposed by event organisers or staff, or other prize providers, such as health, behavior, age and safety requirements), for whatever reason. Any part of a prize that is not taken for any reason is forfeited and no compensation will be provided.
29. If a prize (or part of a prize) is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, substitute alternative goods or services of equal or higher value, subject to the approval of any relevant gaming authority, where required. The Promoter accepts no other liability or responsibility for any loss incurred by a winner or any other party if a prize (or part of prize) is unavailable for any reason.
30. Other than as expressly stated in these conditions, a prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable, non-replaceable, and non-redeemable for another prize including cash, except at the Promoter's discretion and subject to relevant State and Territory legislation.
31. For the car hire component of the prize, the car driver (winner or their companion) must have a current Australian driver's licence and be aged 25 years or older. The car hire is also subject to any terms and conditions specified by the car hire provider. If these conditions are not met, the car hire component of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and any costs or liabilities incurred by the hire car driver will not be the responsibility of the Promoter. The Promoter will not be liable for the failure of the winner (and/or their companion) to attend any event, for whatever reason.
32. The winner(s) will be notified within 2 days of the draw by a phone call and email, using the details provided in their entry.
33. The minor prizes will be sent by registered post to the winner(s) at their nominated Australian address within 28 days of the draw.
34. The major prize notification will include instructions as to how the winner is to claim their prize.
35. The prize(s) will only be awarded following any winner validation and verification that the Promoter requires in its sole discretion.
36. The name of the winner(s) and their State or Territory of residence will be published at the Competition Website and in The Australian newspaper on 25 November 2015.
37. Subject, where relevant, to any directions given by a relevant gaming authority, if: (i) a prize is not claimed by a winner or the Promoter has been unable (despite reasonable efforts) to successfully contact the winner on or before 22 February 2016 or (ii) a winner is determined by the Promoter to be ineligible to win a prize in accordance with these conditions, the relevant prize will be forfeited and instead awarded to another Eligible Entrant in a redraw. Any such redraw will be made from a pool of the remaining Eligible Entrants and will take place at 12.00pm on 23 February 2016 at the same location as the original draw, with any unclaimed prizes awarded to the next valid entry randomly drawn in descending order of value (if applicable). The name of any resulting winner(s) and their State or Territory of residence will be published on the Competition Website and in The Australian on the 26 February 2016. Any redraw prize winner(s) will be notified within 2 days of the redraw by a phone call and email using the details provided in their entry.
38. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, or is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, weather event, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the approval of any relevant gaming authorities, where required.
39. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for: (i) any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by) the Promoter or any entrant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise; (ii) any theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of such communications; (iii) any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Competition; (iv) any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of the administering this Competition (whether as a result of one of the foregoing causes or otherwise); or (v) any delay in delivery (when not directly caused by the Promoter or its supplier), or failure of safe delivery of a prize.
40. All of the Promoter's decisions in relation to all aspects of this Competition are final and no correspondence will be entered into. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
41. A winner accepts a prize at their own risk. Any tax liability arising as a result of accepting a prize is the responsibility of the winner. Independent financial advice should be sought.
42. To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies and any of their personnel (the "Relevant Parties") exclude all liability for any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any Eligible Entrant in connection with the Competition or a prize, including without limitation: (i) any indirect, special, economic or consequential loss; (ii) any loss arising from the negligence of a Relevant Party; and (iii) any liability for personal injury or death. To the extent that such liability cannot be excluded by law, it is limited to the minimum allowable by law. The Promoter may request that a winner signs and returns a deed of release to this effect as a condition of a prize being awarded. If a winner fails to sign and return such release, they may forfeit the prize.
43. The winner(s) must, at the Promoter's request, participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding winning a prize, free of charge, and consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including any photograph, film and/or recording of them) in promotional material in any media at any time without notification or compensation, financial or otherwise.
PRIVACY STATEMENT AND MARKETING CONSENT
44. Entrants' personal information is collected from entrants by or on behalf of the Promoter to enable the Promoter and its agents to manage, administer and promote the Competition and, where applicable, publicise the winner(s). The personal information may also be provided to persons assisting the Promoter, including prize suppliers and deliverers, marketing agencies and IT providers, and to gaming authorities, media outlets and related companies. The Promoter will disclose entrants' personal information and/or collect personal information about entrants from persons overseas to engage in its business functions and activities and for the purposes detailed in this statement. The country/ies the Promoter will usually disclose entrants' personal information to include the United States of America. The Promoter will disclose a winner's first initial, surname and State/Territory of residence to The Australian newspaper for publication. The winner's name will also be published on the Competition Website. By participating in the Competition, Eligible Entrants consent to these uses and disclosures of their personal information.
46. Entry into the Competition also entitles the Promoter and any related companies that use the Shannons brand ("we"/"us") to let the Eligible Entrant know from time to time about news, offers, products and services they might be interested in (by any medium, including telephone, email, mail, SMS or online marketing). In order to carry out direct marketing, entrants' personal information will be collected from and disclosed to others that provide us with specialised data matching, trending or analytical services, as well as general marketing services. We, and other people who provide us with services, may combine the personal information collected from entrants or others, with the information we, or other companies in the Suncorp Group, or our service providers already hold about entrants. We may also use online targeted marketing, data and audience matching and market segmentation to improve advertising relevance. Each Eligible Entrant agrees that they must provide and/or maintain their consent to receive such marketing communications and not opt out of receiving such communications during the Entry Period.
47. Competition permits: ACT TP 15/06441, NSW LTPS/15/04993 & SA T15/1128.