2020 SHANNONS CLUB SHOW AND SHINE COMPETITION CONDITIONS
- This competition ("Competition") is conducted by Shannons Pty Limited, ABN 91 099 692 636 (“the Promoter”), of Level 28 Brisbane Square, 266 George Street, Brisbane, Queensland 4000, ph 13 46 46.
- All entry instructions and Prize information published by the Promoter form part of these conditions. By entering, entrants accept these conditions.
- The Competition is only open to individuals who: (i) are Australian residents aged 18 years or older at time of entry; and (ii) are not directors, management or employees, or their immediate family members, of the Promoter or its related companies or agencies associated with the Competition ("Eligible Entrant").
- Competition entry commences at 9:00am on 1 May 2020 and closes at 5:00pm on 25 June 2020 ("Entry Period"). Except as otherwise stated, all times are Melbourne time.
- In these conditions:
“Competition Website” means shannons.com.au/club/win
“Motoring Club” means a car and/or bike club that has registered their club as an official business. For an Eligible Entrant to be eligible for the Motoring Club element of the Prizes their nominated Motoring Club when requested must supply official documentation to the Promoter confirming they are an official registered club including but not limited to ABN and trading name, website, committee members, club letterhead and meeting minutes.
- To enter the Competition, an Eligible Entrant must, during the Entry Period:
- Use a compatible browser to log onto their Shannons Club account and visit the Competition Website. Follow the steps to complete the entry form set out on the Competition Website including selecting which category (only one of six categories may be selected) their vehicles falls within, upload photos of their own vehicle, or the vehicle they are responsible for, nominate a Motoring Club (optional however failure to nominate will make the Eligible Entrant ineligible for the Motor Club element of the Prize) and tick the box agreeing to the Competition’s Terms and Conditions as well as to receive marketing communications from the Promoter. To be a valid entry, the Eligible Entrant must, during the Entry Period, provide all details required by the Promoter. An Eligible Entrant can only enter the Competition once and there is no facility for the Promoter to withdraw or amend the Eligible Entrants entry.
- It is a condition of entry that Eligible Entrants consent to receive marketing communications from the Promoter and its related companies that use the Shannons brand, and do not opt out during the Entry Period.
- Entrants may only enter using a photo of a vehicle which they are the owner of or a vehicle which they are responsible for and have the express authority from the owner to upload a photo of. Limit of one entry per vehicle. Any subsequent entries for the same vehicle after the first valid entry is received will be deemed invalid.
- Entrants may only enter the Competition in their own name. Limit of one entry per person. Any subsequent entry from the same person after the first valid entry is received will be deemed invalid.
- Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Entry Period. Entries will be deemed received at the time that the Promoter is satisfied that all necessary requirements under condition 6 have been met and not at the time of submission by the Eligible Entrant. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or delays or failures in any equipment or telecommunications service used to administer this Competition.
- Cost of entry via the internet is free, but internet connection and usage rates may apply. Eligible Entrants should obtain details of such costs from their service providers.
- Eligible Entrants must submit their internet entry manually. The Promoter may reject internet entries if it reasonably forms the opinion that they have been entered using automated entry means or by use of a competition entry service.
- Each Eligible Entrant warrants and agrees that:
- they have created the entry themselves;
- they are entitled to reproduce and exploit all underlying works in the entry;
- the entry does not and use or use or exploitation of the entry by the Promoter (and each of its assignees and licensees) as contemplated by these conditions will not, violate the rights (including copyright and privacy) of any third person;
- they will not submit material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, derogatory, abusive, harmful to any person or entity, or otherwise inappropriate or offensive; and
- they have not granted rights to their entry to any other person which is inconsistent with the rights granted to the Promoter under these conditions.
- Each Eligible Entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Promoter (and each of its assignees and licensees) has the right, in its absolute discretion, to edit, amend, copy, reproduce, use, publish, broadcast and communicate to the public, the entry in any media including television and the internet, without any further consultation, reference, payment or other compensation. Each Eligible Entrant also agrees that they will not make any claim against the Promoter (or its assignees and licensees) arising from the exercise of these rights, including claims in relation to any moral rights that they may otherwise have.
- The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, declare an entry invalid or disqualify any entrant that tampers with the entry process or benefits from such tampering, submits an entry that is incomplete or not in accordance with these conditions, or otherwise acts in a manner that is disruptive, dishonest or calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right to require an entrant to verify the validity of their entry within the requested time, including but not limited to an entrant’s identity, eligibility, ownership or authority to use the vehicle, age, address and to disqualify any entrant who does not satisfy any entry criteria in these conditions. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Proof considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s discretion.
JUDGING AND PRIZE(S)
- This Competition is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners.
- There are 15 Prizes to be won. There are 8 Weekly Prizes, 6 Category Prizes and 1 Best In Show Prize (each, a “Prize”).
- For the Weekly Prizes, all valid entries received during the period starting when entry opens and ending when entry closes for that week (as set out in the schedule in condition 20a.) will be entered into the relevant Weekly Prize judging. Non-winning entries from each Weekly Prize judging will be entered into any subsequent Prize judging. All valid entries (including winning Weekly Prize entries) received during the Entry Period will be entered into the Category and Best in Show prize judging referred to in condition 20.
- All Prize judging will take place at Frank Moore Advertising, Suite 8, 5 Bay Street, Port Melbourne, Victoria, 3207 as follows:
- Weekly Prize judging will take place at 3.00pm on the relevant Prize Judging Date in accordance with the schedule below. All valid entries received during the Entry Period will be judged by the Promoter’s judging panel based on appearance (including cleanliness, shine, condition, and presentation) of the exterior, interior, engine, and wheels. Along with the creativity, effort and pride displayed in the photos submitted. There are 8 Weekly Prizes to be won. The entry judged to be the best each week will be selected as the winner and will receive a Prize. The Weekly Prize is $1,000 Cash for the relevant Prize winner, transferred to the Prize winner by EFT upon notification of account details, and $500 Cash for the Prize winner’s nominated Motoring Club, transferred to the Motoring Club by EFT upon notification of account details. The total value of the Weekly Prizes is up to $12,000 (dependent on if the relevant Prize winner has nominated a Motoring Club in their entry).
- The Best in Show Prize judging will take place at 3.00pm on 26 June 2020. All valid entries received during the Entry Period will be judged by the Promoter’s judging panel based on appearance (including cleanliness, shine, condition, and presentation) of the exterior, interior, engine, and wheels. Along with the creativity, effort and pride displayed in the photos submitted. There is 1 Best in Show Prize to be won. The entry judged to be the best will be selected as the winner and will receive the Best in Show Prize. The Best in Show Prize is a $5,000 Cash for the Prize winner, transferred to the Prize winner by EFT upon notification of account details, and $2,500 Cash for the Prize winner’s nominated Motoring Club, transferred to the Motoring Club by EFT upon notification of account details. The total value of the Weekly Prizes is up to $7,500 (dependent on if the Prize winner has nominated a Motoring Club in their entry).
- During the Entry Period Shannons Club members will be able to vote for their favourite entry, using the Promoter’s voting mechanism at the Competition Website. To register a vote for an entry the Club Member must select the ‘Vote’ button on the entry they wish to vote for, a Club Member can only vote once per entry. There are 6 Category Prizes to be won. At the end of the Entry Period, the 6 Eligible Entrants with valid entries that obtain the most votes in each category will be the winners and will each receive a Prize. The Category Prize is a $2,000 Cash for the relevant Prize winner, transferred to the Prize winner by EFT upon notification of account details, and $1,000 Cash for the Prize winner’s nominated Motoring Club, transferred to the Motoring Club by EFT upon notification of account details. In the event that there is a tie in votes the tied entries will be judged by the Promoter’s judging panel based on appearance (including cleanliness, shine, condition, and presentation) of the exterior, interior, engine, and wheels. Along with the creativity, effort and pride displayed in the photos submitted. The entry judged the best from the tied entries will be selected as the winner and will receive the Category Prize. The total value of the Weekly Prizes is up to $18,000 (dependent on if the relevant Prize winner has nominated a Motoring Club in their entry).
Week Entry Period Judging Date Week 1 09:00:00am on 1 May 2020 to 11:59:59pm on 7 May 2020 8 May 2020 Week 2 00:00:00am on 8 May 2020 to 11:59:59pm on 14 May 2020 15 May 2020 Week 3 00:00:00am on 15 May 2020 to 11:59:59pm on 21 May 2020 22 May 2020 Week 4 00:00:00am on 22 May 2020 to 11:59:59pm on 28 May 2020 29 May 2020 Week 5 00:00:00am on 29 May 2020 to 11:59:59pm on 4 June 2020 5 June 2020 Week 6 00:00:00am on 5 June 2020 to 11:59:59pm on 11 June 2020 12 June 2020 Week 7 00:00:00am on 12 June 2020 to 5:00pm on 18 June 2020 19 June 2020 Week 8 00:00:00am on 19 June 2020 to 5:00pm on 25 June 2020 26 June 2020
- The total Prize pool is valued at up to $37,500 AUD including GST as at 20 April 2020 (dependent on if the relevant Prize winner has nominated a Motoring Club in their entry). The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in a Prize’s value due to exchange rate changes or otherwise.
- Any additional costs not expressly stated, but which may be incurred in acceptance and use of a Prize, are the responsibility of the winner.
- No compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to take any element of a Prize as stated, or does not satisfy any conditions of use for any element of the prize, for whatever reason. Any part of a Prize that is not taken for any reason is forfeited and no compensation will be provided.
- If a Prize winner does not nominate a Motoring Club in their entry, or the Motoring Club nominated does not meet the requirements set out in Condition 5, the Motoring Club component of the Prize is forfeited and no compensation will be provided.
- If a Prize (or part of a Prize) is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, substitute alternative goods or services of equal or higher value. The Promoter accepts no other liability or responsibility for any loss incurred by a winner or any other party if a Prize (or part of Prize) is unavailable for any reason.
- Other than as expressly stated in these conditions, a Prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable, non-replaceable, and non-redeemable for another Prize, except at the Promoter’s discretion and subject to relevant State and Territory legislation.
- Each Prize winners will be notified by email using the details provided in their entry within 2 business days of judging of the winner. The name of the winners will also be published at the Competition Website.
- The Prize will be sent by registered post to the winners at their nominated Australian address within 28 days of the draw.
- The Prizes will only be awarded following any winner validation and verification that the Promoter requires in its sole discretion.
- If: (i) a Prize is not claimed by a winner or the Promoter has been unable (despite reasonable efforts) to successfully contact the winner; or (ii) a winner is determined by the Promoter to be ineligible to win a Prize in accordance with these conditions, the relevant Prize will be forfeited and instead awarded to an Eligible Entrant judged to have the next best entry in accordance with the criteria set out in condition 20 (Weekly Prizes and Best in Show Prizes) or the Eligible Entrant entry with the next highest number of votes (Category Prizes). Any resulting winner(s) will be notified by email using the details provided in their entry within 2 business days of judging of the winner. The name of the resulting winner(s) will also be published at the Competition Website. The process will be repeated if required.
- If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, or is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, weather event, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the approval of any relevant gaming authorities, where required.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility for: (i) any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by) the Promoter or any entrant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise; (ii) any theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of such communications; (iii) any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Competition; (iv) any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of the administering this Competition (whether as a result of one of the foregoing causes or otherwise); or (v) any delay in delivery (when not directly caused by the Promoter or its supplier), or failure of safe delivery of a Prize.
- All of the Promoter's decisions in relation to all aspects of this Competition are final and no correspondence will be entered into. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- The winner accepts the Prize at their own risk. Any tax liability arising as a result of accepting the Prize is the responsibility of the winner. Independent financial advice should be sought.
- To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies and any of their personnel (the "Relevant Parties") exclude all liability for any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any Eligible Entrant in connection with the Competition or the Prize, including without limitation: (i) any indirect, special, economic or consequential loss; (ii) any loss arising from the negligence of a Relevant Party; and (iii) any liability for personal injury or death. To the extent that such liability cannot be excluded by law, it is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
- The winners must, at the Promoter’s request, participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding winning the Prize, free of charge, and consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including any photograph, film and/or recording of them) in promotional material in any media at any time without notification or compensation, financial or otherwise.
PRIVACY STATEMENT AND MARKETING CONSENT
- Entrants’ personal information is collected from entrants by or on behalf of the Promoter to enable the Promoter and its agents to manage, administer and promote the Competition and, where applicable, publicise the winner. The personal information may also be provided to persons assisting the Promoter, including Prize suppliers and deliverers, marketing agencies and IT providers, and to gaming authorities, media outlets and related companies. The winner’s name will also be published on the Competition Website. By participating in the Competition, Eligible Entrants consent to these uses and disclosures of their personal information.
- Entry into the Competition also entitles the Promoter and any related companies that use the Shannons brand (“we”/”us”) to let the Eligible Entrant know from time to time about news, offers, products and services they might be interested in (by any medium, including telephone, email, mail, SMS or online marketing). In order to carry out direct marketing, entrants’ personal information will be collected from and disclosed to others that provide us with specialised data matching, trending or analytical services, as well as general marketing services. We, and other people who provide us with services, may combine the personal information collected from entrants or others, with the information we, or other companies in the Suncorp Group, or our service providers already hold about entrants. We may also use online targeted marketing, data and audience matching and market segmentation to improve advertising relevance. Each Eligible Entrant agrees that they must provide and/or maintain their consent to receive such marketing communications and not opt out of receiving such communications during the Entry Period.