• Range of affordable ‘no reserve’ classics from $6,000-$20,000
• 13 increasingly collectible Victorian B&W numerical number plates
• Nine great Australian Classics
This magnificent 1981 Rolls-Royce Silver Spirit Saloon is expected to sell in the $20,000-$25,000 range.
A treasure trove of 20 ‘no reserve’ Classics, including two Rolls-Royce models, a trio of early Mazda RX-7s, a stunning Series 1 Jaguar E-Type Roadster and an ultra-rare HSV VN Commodore, will be crossing the block at Shannons Melbourne Autumn Auction on Monday (May 8), representing a unique opportunity for enthusiasts.
The second classic auction at Shannons new Heatherton, Victorian headquarters has some important vehicle collections going under the hammer. These include:
Japanese car enthusiasts will have the opportunity to purchase this series of early Mazda RX-7 rotary-engined coupes.
• Three early Mazda RX-7 Series I, II and II rotary coupes – all offered with ‘no reserve’
• Three sought-after ‘Bathurst’ Australian Muscle Cars – a 1970 XW Falcon GT-HO Phase II sedan, a 1969 HK Monaro GTS 327 coupe and a 1971 Chrysler VH Charger R/T E38 coupe
These three great ‘Bathurst Aussie Muscle Cars from the late 1960s and early 1970s are amongst 50 vehicles crossing the block in Shannons Autumn Classic Auction in Melbourne on Monday (May 8).
• Three stunning European sports convertibles – a 1963 Jaguar E-Type Series I Roadster offered with ‘no reserve’, a rare, right hand drive 1988 BMW Alpina C2 2.7 Cabriolet and an extremely low kilometre and one family owned 1996 Mercedes-Benz E220 Cabriolet
• Two collectible and unusual VW Kombis – a 1967 'Split Window' right hand drive camper van and a unique, 1976 Kombi professionally modified to a high standard as an historic vehicle race transporte
This restored 1955 FJ Panel Van is one of nine great Australian classics in Shannons Autumn Classic Auction in Melbourne on Monday (May 8).
• Three collectible early Holdens – a 1955 FJ Panel Van, a 1961 EK Special Sedan and a ‘no reserve’ 1967 HR Special Sedan
• Two collectible ‘performance’ Holdens – a ‘barn find’ 1972 HQ LS Monaro coupe in need of restoration and a 1990 HSV VN Commodore SV-T30 sedan, number 26 of just 30 built exclusively for Holden Dealers. Both will be offered with ‘no reserve’
This ‘barn find’ 1972 HQ LS Monaro coupe in need of restoration is being offered with ‘no reserve’ and is expected to sell in the $22,000-$28,000 range.
• Two ‘no reserve’ Australian-delivered Rolls-Royce saloons – a 1978 Silver Shadow II and a 1981 Silver Spirit, plus a low kilometre 1999 Jaguar XJ8 3.2 V8 saloon
• Two great Ford Hot Rods – a 1932 Model ‘B’ Roadster and a 1928 Model ‘A’ Pick-up, plus a 1926 Model ‘T’ Boat-Tail Roadster
• Eight collectible motorcycles spanning the years 1938-1980
• 13 Victorian black and white numerical number plates, including five, three-digit plates beginning at ‘282’.
View all May 8 Shannons Melbourne Autumn Classic Auction Lots
Protect your Classic. Call Shannons Insurance on 13 46 46 to get a quote today.