Shannons is ready to help and we are working as fast as we can to provide the support you need.
Thank you for your patience during this difficult time. Initially, we’re prioritising customers who are the most vulnerable or need emergency repairs or temporary accommodation as some homes are not safe to live in.
Our Claims Team will be in touch with you soon, however, it will take longer than usual with significant damage across many locations.
In the meantime, you can view your claim and communicate with your claim manager via Shannons Online Services
Can I see a Claims Specialist in person?
Our Customer Support Team is on the ground in some locations and ready to help you face-to-face.
I have found new damage since lodging my claim
- lf you find new damage, please make a note, take photos and let us know the next time we’re in touch. There is no need to immediately reach out. Rest assured, we’ll work with you to include all details in your claim.
- If a different part of your home is damaged by another event, such as the severe storms in late March, please lodge another new claim online.
Beware of SMS Excess Payment Scams
Shannons does not send SMS messages to follow up on excess payments to progress claims. If you receive an SMS message requesting an excess payment, please delete it straight away.
Have you been approached by a third party to help you with your claim?
If you need extra support, it can help to know what support is available. Here are some links to helpful information, tools and services:
- During major events individuals or small businesses often door knock or letter drop offering you a service to manage your insurance claim on your behalf. Please be aware these services are not provided by us, and that we will never send an assessor or builder to your home without first notifying you, and we will never demand payment in addition to your excess for the work being undertaken.
- If you are approached by a third party, you may be asked to pay for these services via a percentage of your insurance settlement. Customers should ensure they carefully consider the use of these services.
- If you wish to engage a third party you should always ask for their Australian Financial Services Licence (AFSL) number (this can be checked against ASIC’s database), for their Financial Services Guide, how much they will charge to assist in the lodgement of your claim, and if they are a member of Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA).
- Do not sign any form of contract/authorisation to act on your behalf until you have received any information you have requested.
What should I do if my carpet, furniture and/or contents are wet?
If your home has been completely or partially inundated with water, or your carpet, furniture or contents have been damaged by rain:
- Compile a detailed list of items including the make and model or a description.
- Take photos of the damaged items.
- Remove the damaged items from inside the home and place outside for disposal.
- Let us know about the damaged items next time we’re in touch. There is no need to immediately reach out and you do not need to wait for an assessor. Rest assured, we’ll work with you to include all details in your claim.
What happens after I’ve lodged my claim?
- Our Claims Team will identify the next steps to progress your claim. This may include booking an assessment, repairs, replacements and/or arrange payments.
- This may take longer than usual but we will be in touch as soon as possible.
- Remember to take photos or videos of the damage. You can remove wet carpet and damaged contents before an Assessor has visited your home.
How can I follow up my claim?
You can stay up to date, message your claim manager, live chat with our online claims specialists and upload documents and photos via Shannons Online Services
“This flooding emergency has had a devastating impact on many of our customers. Our dedicated response and recovery team is directing immediate support to where it’s needed. This includes arranging emergency payments and temporary accommodation. We thank everyone for their patience as we move as fast as we can.”
Alli Smith, Executive General Manager Home Claims
Shannons Pty Limited ABN 91 099 692 636 is an authorised representative of AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807, the issuer of motor and home and contents insurance. Consider the relevant Product Disclosure Statement before making a decision about this insurance. This advice has been prepared without taking into account your particular objectives, financial situation or needs, so you should consider whether it is appropriate for you before acting on it. The Target Market Determination is also available. Shannons Pty Limited ABN 91 099 692 636 (Shannons) acts as an agent and authorised representative of GIO. Various products and services are provided by different entities of the Suncorp group. The different entities of the Suncorp group are not responsible for, or liable in respect of, products or services provided by other entities of the Suncorp group.