SHANNONS MONACO HISTORICS COMPETITION CONDITIONS
- This competition ("Competition") is conducted by Shannons Pty Limited, ABN 91 099 692 636 (“the Promoter”), of Level 28 Brisbane Square, 266 George Street, Brisbane, Queensland 4000, ph 13 46 46.
- All entry instructions and prize information published by the Promoter form part of these conditions. By entering, entrants accept these conditions.
- The Competition is only open to individuals who: (i) are Australian residents aged 18 years or older at time of entry; (ii) are not directors, management or employees, or their immediate family members, of the Promoter or its related companies or agencies associated with the Competition; and (iii) are able to take the prize between 28 April 2020 and 13 May 2020 (inclusive) ("Eligible Entrant").
A reference to “immediate family member(s) means” any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
- Competition entry commences at 12.00am on 4 February 2019 and closes at 5.00pm on 5 April 2019 ("Entry Period"). Except as otherwise stated, all times are Melbourne time.
- In these conditions:
- “Competition Website” means shannons.com.au/monaco
- “Eligible Insurance Quote(s)” means a quote for a new Shannons Motor Insurance Policy (excludes CTP insurance) or a new Shannons Home & Contents Insurance Policy (includes building only, contents only or building and contents cover);
- “Eligible Insurance Policy” means:
- a new Shannons Motor Insurance Policy (excludes CTP insurance); or
- A new or existing fully paid Shannons Home & Contents Insurance Policy (includes building only, contents only or building and contents cover).
- “Facebook Competition Advert” means a Facebook advertisement which links to a form to request a quote from Shannons.
- To enter the Competition, an Eligible Entrant must, during the Entry Period:
- Visit the Competition Website or click a Facebook Advert (‘Facebook Competition Advert’) apply for and receive an Eligible Insurance Quote from the Promoter. The Promoter’s normal underwriting criteria apply. An Eligible Entrant will receive one entry for each risk quoted on the Eligible Insurance Quote (for the avoidance of doubt, an Eligible Insurance Quote for a combined building and contents policy constitutes one risk for the purposes of this Competition). An Eligible Insurance Quote will not be received immediately upon providing details but the Promoter will endeavour to provide an Eligible Insurance Quote within 2 business days of receiving all relevant information, subject to satisfaction of the Promoter’s underwriting criteria. It will not be possible to apply for an Eligible Insurance Quote via the Competition Website after 1 April 2019; or
- Call the Promoter on 13 46 46, apply for and obtain an Eligible Insurance Quote. The Promoter’s normal underwriting criteria apply. The Eligible Entrant must provide all details required by the Promoter. An Eligible Entrant will receive one entry for each risk quoted on the Eligible Insurance Quote (for the avoidance of doubt, an Eligible Insurance Quote for a combined building and contents policy constitutes one risk for the purposes of this Competition); or
- Purchase a new Shannons Motor Insurance Policy (excludes CTP insurance). An Eligible Entrant will receive five entries for each risk insured (ie. vehicle) under the new Eligible Insurance Policy. The Promoter’s normal underwriting criteria apply. An existing customer of the Promoter will not receive any entries into the Competition for renewing an existing Shannons Motor Insurance Policy; or
- Purchase a new Shannons Home & Contents Insurance Policy (includes building only, contents only or combined building and contents cover) OR hold an existing fully paid Shannons Home and Contents Insurance Policy (that is current at the end of the Entry Period). An Eligible Entrant will receive ten entries for each risk insured (ie. insured address) under the new Eligible Insurance Policy OR an Eligible Entrant will automatically receive ten entries into the Competition if they hold a fully paid Shannons Home & Contents Insurance Policy at the end of the Entry Period (5pm 5 April 2019) and they have not opted out of receiving Shannons marketing communications. For the avoidance of doubt, an Eligible Insurance Quote for a combined building and contents policy constitutes one risk for the purposes of this Competition. The Promoter’s normal underwriting criteria apply.
- In respect of entries received via Eligible Insurance Quotes, an Eligible Entrant will only receive one entry for obtaining multiple insurance quotes for the same risk.
- It is a condition of entry that Eligible Entrants consent to receive Shannons marketing communications and do not opt out during the Entry Period.
- Shannons Pty Limited ABN 91 099 692 636 is an authorised representative of AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807 AFSL 230859, the product issuer. Read the Product Disclosure Statement before buying insurance. Contact the Promoter for a copy.
- Any Eligible Entrant who the Promoter automatically enters into the Competition in accordance with condition 6(d) who wishes to not participate in the Competition can email firstname.lastname@example.org and request for their entry to be removed from the draw.
- Entrants may only enter the Competition in their own name. Multiple entries are permitted, but each entry must comply with these conditions.
- Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Entry Period. Entries will be deemed received at the time that the Promoter is satisfied that all necessary requirements under condition 6 have been met and not at the time of submission by the Eligible Entrant. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or delays or failures in any equipment or telecommunications service used to administer this Competition.
- Cost of entry via the internet is free, but internet connection and usage rates may apply. Eligible Entrants should obtain details of such costs from their service providers. The maximum cost of a call to 13 46 46 will not exceed 55 cents + GST when made from an Australian land line. Calls from mobile phones or pay phones may attract a higher rate.
- Eligible Entrants must submit their internet entry manually. The Promoter may reject internet entries if it reasonably forms the opinion that they have been entered using automated entry means or by use of a competition entry service.
- The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, declare an entry invalid or disqualify any entrant that tampers with the entry process or benefits from such tampering, submits an entry that is incomplete or not in accordance with these conditions, does anything that diminishes the good name or reputation of the Promoter or any of its related entities or of the agencies or companies associated with this Competition breaches any law, or otherwise acts in a manner that is disruptive, dishonest or calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right to require an entrant to verify the validity of their entry within the requested time, including but not limited to an entrant’s identity, eligibility, age and address and to disqualify any entrant who does not satisfy any entry criteria in these conditions. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Proof considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s discretion.
DRAW AND PRIZE
- All valid entries received during the Entry Period will be entered into the prize draw. The random prize draw will be held at 12.00pm on 24 April 2019 at Engage Australia, Level 8, 56 Clarence Street, Sydney, NSW 2000.
- There is one prize to be won. The first valid entry randomly drawn will win the prize. The Promoter may draw additional entries and record them in order, in case the winning entry/entrant is deemed invalid, or the prize is unclaimed (Reserve Entrants).
- The prize is a trip for two adults (the prize winner and their nominated companion) to Europe in April-May 2020, consisting of:
- 2 adult economy class airfares from the winners nearest Australian capital city to Milan, Italy departing 28 April 2020 (arrive 28 April 2020).
- 2 adult economy class airfares from Nice, France to the winners nearest Australian capital city departing 13 May 2020 (arrive 14 May 2020).
- 2 nights twin share accommodation of the Promoters choice for two (2) adults in Milan, Italy in a minimum 4 star hotel. Includes breakfast. Check in: 28 April 2020. Check out: 30 April 2020.
- 2 nights twin share accommodation of the Promoters choice for two (2) adults in Bologna, Italy in a minimum 4 star hotel. Includes breakfast. Check in: 30 April 2020. Check out: 2 May 2020.
- 2 nights twin share accommodation of the Promoters choice for two (2) adults in Florence, Italy in a minimum 4 star hotel. Includes breakfast. Check in: 2 May 2020. Check out: 4 May 2020.
- 2 nights twin share accommodation of the Promoters choice for two (2) adults in Greve in Chianti, Italy in a minimum 4 star hotel. Includes breakfast. Check in: 4 May 2020. Check out: 6 May 2020.
- 1 nights twin share accommodation of the Promoters choice for two (2) adults in Genoa, Italy in a minimum 4 star hotel. Includes breakfast. Check in: 6 May 2020. Check out: 7 May 2020.
- 4 nights twin share accommodation of the Promoters choice for two (2) adults in Monaco in a minimum 4 star hotel. Includes breakfast. Check in: 7 May 2020. Check out: 11 May 2020.
- 2 nights twin share accommodation of the Promoters choice for two (2) adults in Nice, France in a minimum 4 star hotel. Includes breakfast. Check in: 11 May 2020. Check out: 13 May 2020.
- 16 days car hire of a Mercedes-Benz C Class or similar. Pickup at Milan Airport and return to Nice Airport. The car hire is subject to any terms and conditions specified by the hire provider. Pick Up: 28 April 2020. Return: 13 May 2020.
- $AUD 950 Fuel and Parking Allowance (transferred to the winner via EFT)
- 2 adult tickets to the Motorstars Italian Supercar Tour on 1 May 2020 from Bologna. Including the Ferrari museum, the Enzo Ferrari museum, the Panoramic Ferrari factory bus-tour, the Lamborghini factory and museum. The tour includes all factories and museums fees, hotel pick-up/drop-off (at the agreed pick-up point), transfers and a 4-course lunch. The tour is subject to the Prize winner and his or her travel companion agreeing to all terms and conditions of the tour provider and each museum.
- 2 adult tickets to the 2020 Grand Prix De Monaco Historique on 9 & 10 May 2020. Race viewing hospitality in Saturday 9 May 2020 in the Fairmont Hotel VIP Suite and on Sunday 10 May 2020 in the Midi Terrace of The Hermitage Hotel.
- 2 adult tickets to the Monaco Top Cars Collection on the 11 May 2020 in Monaco.
- One new Indian Chief Vintage Motorcycle (“the Motorcycle”) in Willow Green over Ivory Cream, including 12 months* registration (in the winner’s State/Territory of residence), 12 months* compulsory third party (“CTP”) insurance and transfer stamp duty. Valued at up to $32,995 ride away (on road costs differ nationally). Refer to condition 20 for insurance terms and conditions; and
- 12 months* Shannons comprehensive motorcycle insurance cover for the Motorcycle. Approximate value $500. Subject condition 20 (insurance terms and conditions).
- $AUD 1,000 spending money (transferred to the winner via EFT)
- If the winner is a member of the Shannons Club with an avatar image, enthusiast vehicle image and ultimate vehicle image at the time of the draw, they will receive an additional $AUD 4,000 spending money (transferred to the winner via EFT). To be a member of the Shannons Club the Eligible Entrant must join the club for free at www.shannons.com.au/club by the end of the Entry Period.
*Actual period may be less than 365 days depending on the winner’s location and delivery/pick up date, but won’t be less than 11 months residual benefit.
- In NSW by AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807 trading as GIO. Shannons Pty Limited ABN 91 099 692 636 acts as agent and authorised representative of GIO.
- In ACT by AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807 trading as GIO.
- In Queensland by AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807 trading as Suncorp Insurance.
PROVISIONS APPLICABLE TO PRIZE GENERALLY
- The total prize pool is valued at up to $62,679.57 AUD including GST (depending on the winner’s place of departure, if they are a member of the Shannons Club (in accordance with condition 19), and on road costs which differ nationally) as at 20 November 2018. A prize value is the recommended retail value as provided by the relevant supplier(s). The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in a prize’s value due to exchange rate changes or otherwise.
- Flights and accommodation are subject to booking and availability. All bookings will be arranged for the winner and are subject to the travel supplier's terms and conditions.
- The winner and their travelling companion are responsible for ensuring that they have all necessary documents and permissions to travel to the relevant destination (including a current passport and any visas that may be required).
- Where a part of the prize involves the winner and their travelling companion attending an event, if any part of the event is abandoned, called off, varied or postponed for any reason, that part of the prize may be forfeited without compensation at the Promoter’s discretion, subject to the approval of any relevant gaming authorities, where required.
- Any additional costs not expressly stated, but which may be incurred in acceptance and use of a prize, are the responsibility of the winner. This includes but is not limited to travel costs to and from the points of departure, excess baggage, any additional meals and drinks, transfer costs, taxes, levies and charges, passports, visas, insurance (such as travel insurance or any additional cost of non mandated insurance or policy excess reduction in relation to the hire vehicle), medical or health related services, fuel, toll fees, additional accommodation, additional spending money, extension of stay, additional passengers, tours, and other ancillary costs. These are the responsibility of the winner and their travelling companion.’
- For the car hire component of the prize, the car driver (winner or their companion) must have a current Australian driver’s licence and be aged 25 years or older. If the prize winner does not have a current Australian driver’s licence or is aged between 18 and 24 years of age at the time of the trip, the prize winner’s nominated travelling companion must be aged over 25 and have a current Australian driver’s licence. The car hire is also subject to any terms and conditions specified by the car hire provider. If these conditions are not met, the car hire component of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and any costs or liabilities incurred by the hire car driver will not be the responsibility of the Promoter. The Promoter will not be liable for the failure of the winner (and/or their companion) to attend any event, for whatever reason.
- The car hire may change depending on availability. In the event a certain car is not available, a suitable replacement will be included.
- If the prize is won jointly (for example, in the case of joint policyholders), the joint prize winners must:
- in respect of the travel component of the prize, both take the prize together, or jointly nominate one third person (over 18 years of age) to accompany one of them;
- in respect of the Motorcycle, nominate one of the joint winners to be the registered owner; and
- in respect of the spending money component of the prize, nominate one account to receive the EFT transfer.
- No compensation will be payable if a winner or any of their companions is unable to take any element of a prize as stated, or does not satisfy any conditions of use for any element of the prize (including conditions imposed by event organisers or staff, or other prize providers, such as health, behavior, age and safety requirements), for whatever reason. Any part of a prize that is not taken for any reason is forfeited and no compensation will be provided.
- If a prize (or part of a prize) is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, substitute alternative goods or services of equal or higher value, subject to the approval of any relevant gaming authority, where required. The Promoter accepts no other liability or responsibility for any loss incurred by a winner or any other party if a prize (or part of prize) is unavailable for any reason.
- Other than as expressly stated in these conditions, a prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable, non-replaceable, and non-redeemable for another prize including cash, except at the Promoter’s discretion and subject to relevant State and Territory legislation.
- The Promoter encourages the winner and their companion(s) to enjoy any alcohol consumption in moderation. The winner and their companion(s) should consider the safe drinking levels recommended in the National Health and Medical Research Council Australian Guidelines to Reduce Health Risks from Drinking Alcohol – see: https://nhmrc.gov.au/about-us/publications/australian-guidelines-reduce-health-risks-drinking-alcohol. See also the NSW Liquor Competition Guidelines and Intoxication Guidelines at http://www.olgr.nsw.gov.au/dlg_guidelines.asp. The winner and their companion(s)' participation in this competition is subject to the liquor serving policy or each venue.
- The winner will be notified within 2 days of the draw by a phone call and email, using the details provided in their entry.
- The prize notification will include instructions as to how the winner is to claim their prize.
- The prize will only be awarded following any winner validation and verification that the Promoter requires in its sole discretion.
- The name of the winner and their State or Territory of residence will be published at the Competition website on 29 April 2019 for a minimum period of 28 days.
- The name of the winner and their State or Territory of residence will be published in The Australian newspaper on 6 May 2019.
- Subject, where relevant, to any directions given by a relevant gaming authority, if: (i) the prize is not claimed by a winner or the Promoter has been unable (despite reasonable efforts) to successfully contact the winner on or before 30 July 2019; (ii) the prize is forfeited for any reason; or (iii) the winner is determined by the Promoter to be ineligible to win the prize in accordance with these conditions, the prize will be forfeited and instead awarded to a Reserve Entrant or another Eligible Entrant in a redraw. Any such redraw will be made from a pool of the remaining Eligible Entrants and will take place at 12.00pm on 31 July 2019 at the same location as the original draw, with all unclaimed prizes awarded to the next valid entry randomly drawn. The name of any resulting winner and their State or Territory of residence will be published on the Competition website and in The Australian newspaper on 7 August 2019. The redraw prize winner will be notified within 2 days of the redraw by a phone call and email using the details provided in their entry.
- If any entrant or entry is deemed by the Promoter to have breached these conditions, or if they cannot take the prize between 28 April 2020 and 13 May 2020 (inclusive), their entry may be discarded.
- If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, or is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, weather event, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the approval of any relevant gaming authorities, where required.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility for: (i) any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by) the Promoter or any entrant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise; (ii) any theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of such communications; (iii) any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Competition; (iv) any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of the administering this Competition (whether as a result of one of the foregoing causes or otherwise); or (v) any delay in delivery (when not directly caused by the Promoter or its supplier), or failure of safe delivery of a prize.
- All of the Promoter's decisions in relation to all aspects of this Competition are final and no correspondence will be entered into. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- The winner accepts the prize at their own risk. Any tax liability arising as a result of accepting the prize is the responsibility of the winner. Independent financial advice should be sought.
- To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies and any of their personnel (the "Relevant Parties") exclude all liability for any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any Eligible Entrant in connection with the Competition or the prize, including without limitation: (i) any indirect, special, economic or consequential loss; (ii) any loss arising from the negligence of a Relevant Party; and (iii) any liability for personal injury or death. To the extent that such liability cannot be excluded by law, it is limited to the minimum allowable by law. The Promoter may request that a winner signs and returns a deed of release to this effect as a condition of the prize being awarded. If a winner fails to sign and return such release, they may forfeit the prize.
- The winner (and companions) must, at the Promoter’s request, participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding winning the prize, free of charge, and consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including any photograph, film and/or recording of them) in promotional material in any media at any time without notification or compensation, financial or otherwise.
- The Promoter may communicate or advertise this Competition using social media platforms i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter ("Social Media Platform"). However, the Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any Social Media Platform. Each entrant completely releases the Social Media Platforms from any and all liability in relation to this Competition, and acknowledges that this Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any Social Media Platform. Entrants provide their information to the Promoter and not to any Social Media Platforms.
PRIVACY STATEMENT AND MARKETING CONSENT
- Entrants’ and companions’ personal information is collected from entrants (and/or companions) by or on behalf of the Promoter to enable the Promoter and its agents to manage, administer and promote the Competition and, where applicable, publicise the winner. The personal information may also be provided to persons assisting the Promoter, including prize suppliers and deliverers, marketing agencies and IT providers, and to gaming authorities, media outlets and related companies. The Promoter will disclose entrants’ personal information and/or collect personal information about entrants from persons overseas to engage in its business functions and activities and for the purposes detailed in this statement. The country/ies the Promoter will usually disclose entrants’ personal information to include Italy, Monaco and France. The Promoter will disclose a winner's first initial, surname and State/Territory of residence to The Australian newspaper for publication. The winner’s name will also be published on the Competition Website. By participating in the Competition (and/or accepting the prize), Eligible Entrants and their companions consent to these uses and disclosures of their personal information.
- Entry into the Competition also entitles the Promoter and any related companies that use the Shannons brand (“we”/”us”) to let the Eligible Entrant know from time to time about news, offers, products and services they might be interested in (by any medium, including telephone, email, mail, SMS or online marketing). In order to carry out direct marketing, entrants’ personal information will be collected from and disclosed to others that provide us with specialised data matching, trending or analytical services, as well as general marketing services. We, and other people who provide us with services, may combine the personal information collected from entrants or others, with the information we, or other companies in the Suncorp Group, or our service providers already hold about entrants. We may also use online targeted marketing, data and audience matching and market segmentation to improve advertising relevance. Each Eligible Entrant agrees that they must provide and/or maintain their consent to receive such marketing communications and not opt out of receiving such communications during the Entry Period.
- Competition permits: ACT TP 18/02394, NSW LTPS/18/30377, SA T18/2160.