SHANNONS ULTIMATE GARAGE UPGRADE COMPETITION CONDITIONS
- This competition ("Competition") is conducted by Shannons Pty Limited, ABN 91 099 692 636 ("the Promoter"), of Level 28 Brisbane Square, 266 George Street, Brisbane, Queensland 4000, ph 13 46 46.
- All entry instructions and prize information published by the Promoter form part of these conditions. By entering, entrants accept these conditions.
- The Competition is only open to individuals who: (i) are Australian residents aged 18 years or older at time of entry; (ii) are not directors, management or employees, or their immediate family members, of the Promoter or its related companies or agencies associated with the Competition ("Eligible Entrant"). A reference to "immediate family member(s) means" any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
- Competition entry commences at 12.00am on 15 June 2020 and closes at 11.59pm on 31 August 2020 ("Entry Period"). Except as otherwise stated, all times are AEST time.
- In these conditions:
- "Competition Website" means shannons.com.au/request-a-quote
- "Eligible Insurance Quote(s)" means a quote for a new Shannons Motor Insurance Policy (excludes CTP insurance) or a new Shannons Home & Contents Insurance Policy (includes building only, contents only or building and contents cover);
- "Eligible Insurance Policy" means:
- a new Shannons Motor Insurance Policy (excludes CTP insurance); or
- a new or existing fully paid Shannons Home & Contents Insurance Policy (includes building only, contents only or building and contents cover).
- "Facebook Competition Advert" means a Facebook advertisement which links to a form to request a quote from Shannons.
- "Issuer" means AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807 AFSL 230859.
- To enter the Competition, an Eligible Entrant must, during the Entry Period:
- Visit the Competition Website or click on a Facebook Competition Advert and apply for and receive an Eligible Insurance Quote from the Promoter. The Issuer's normal underwriting criteria apply. An Eligible Entrant will receive one entry for each risk quoted on the Eligible Insurance Quote (for the avoidance of doubt, an Eligible Insurance Quote for a combined building and contents policy constitutes one risk for the purposes of this Competition). An Eligible Insurance Quote will not be received immediately upon providing details but the Promoter will endeavour to provide an Eligible Insurance Quote within 2 business days of receiving all relevant information, subject to satisfaction of the Issuer's underwriting criteria. It will not be possible to apply for an Eligible Insurance Quote via the Competition Website after 26 August 2020; or
- Call the Promoter on 13 46 46, apply for and obtain an Eligible Insurance Quote. The Issuer's normal underwriting criteria apply. The Eligible Entrant must provide all details required by the Promoter. An Eligible Entrant will receive one entry for each risk quoted on the Eligible Insurance Quote (for the avoidance of doubt, an Eligible Insurance Quote for a combined building and contents policy constitutes one risk for the purposes of this Competition); or
- Purchase a new Shannons Motor Insurance Policy (excludes CTP insurance). An Eligible Entrant will receive five entries for each risk insured (ie. each vehicle) under the new Eligible Insurance Policy. The Issuer's normal underwriting criteria apply. An existing customer of the Promoter will not receive any entries into the Competition for renewing an existing Shannons Motor Insurance Policy; or
- Purchase a new Shannons Home & Contents Insurance Policy (includes building only, contents only or combined building and contents cover) OR hold an existing fully paid Shannons Home and Contents Insurance Policy (that is current at the end of the Entry Period). An Eligible Entrant will receive ten entries for each risk insured (ie. each insured address) under the new Eligible Insurance Policy OR an Eligible Entrant will automatically receive ten entries into the Competition if they hold a fully paid Shannons Home & Contents Insurance Policy at the end of the Entry Period (11.59pm 31 April 2020) and they have not opted out of receiving Shannons marketing communications. For the avoidance of doubt, an Eligible Insurance Quote for a combined building and contents policy constitutes one risk for the purposes of this Competition. The Issuer's normal underwriting criteria apply.
- In respect of entries received via Eligible Insurance Quotes, an Eligible Entrant will only receive one entry for obtaining multiple insurance quotes for the same risk.
- It is a condition of entry that Eligible Entrants consent to receive Shannons marketing communications and do not opt out during the Entry Period.
- Shannons Pty Limited ABN 91 099 692 636 is an authorised representative of AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807 AFSL 230859, the product issuer. Read the Product Disclosure Statement before buying insurance. Contact the Promoter for a copy.
- Any Eligible Entrant who the Promoter automatically enters into the Competition in accordance with condition 6 who wishes to not participate in the Competition can email firstname.lastname@example.org and request for their entry to be removed from the draw.
- Entrants may only enter the Competition in their own name. Multiple entries are permitted, but each entry must comply with these conditions.
- Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Entry Period. Entries will be deemed received at the time that the Promoter is satisfied that all necessary requirements under condition 6 have been met and not at the time of submission by the Eligible Entrant. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or delays or failures in any equipment or telecommunications service used to administer this Competition.
- Cost of entry via the internet is free, but internet connection and usage rates may apply. Eligible Entrants should obtain details of such costs from their service providers. The maximum cost of a call to 13 46 46 will not exceed 55 cents + GST when made from an Australian land line. Calls from mobile phones or pay phones may attract a higher rate.
- Eligible Entrants must submit their internet entry manually. The Promoter may reject internet entries if it reasonably forms the opinion that they have been entered by Eligible Entrants using automated entry means or by use of a competition entry service.
- The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, declare an entry invalid or disqualify any entrant that tampers with the entry process or benefits from such tampering, submits an entry that is incomplete or not in accordance with these conditions, does anything that diminishes the good name or reputation of the Promoter or any of its related entities or of the agencies or companies associated with this Competition breaches any law, or otherwise acts in a manner that is disruptive, dishonest or calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right to require an entrant to verify the validity of their entry within the requested time, including but not limited to an entrant's identity, eligibility, age and address and to disqualify any entrant who does not satisfy any entry criteria in these conditions. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Proof considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter's discretion.
DRAW AND PRIZE
- All valid entries received during the Entry Period will be entered into the prize draw. The random prize draw will be held at 12.00pm on 15 September 2020 at Engage Australia, Level 8, 56 Clarence Street, Sydney, NSW 2000.
- There is one prize to be won. The first valid entry randomly drawn will win the prize. The Promoter may draw additional entries and record them in order, in case the winning entry/entrant is deemed invalid, or the prize is unclaimed (Reserve Entrants).
- The prize includes the following:
- SP Tools Voucher valued at $10,000 AUD. The voucher is valid for six months from the date of issue and is subject to terms and conditions imposed by the supplier.
- Bowden's Own Voucher valued at $1,500 AUD. The voucher is valid for twelve months from the date of issue and is subject to terms and conditions imposed by the supplier.
- An Indian Motorcycles Accessories pack valued at $490 inc GST. Included in the Accessories pack:
- Indian Motorcycle Bike Mat (Valued at $450 AUD)
- Indian Motorcycle Embossed Mug (Valued at $20)
- Indian Motorcycle First Motorcycle Sign (Valued at $20)
- One new MY19 Indian Motorcycle FTR1200 S Motorcycle ("the Motorcycle") in Race Replica colours, including 12 months* registration (in the winner's State/Territory of residence), 12 months* compulsory third party ("CTP") insurance and transfer stamp duty. Valued at up to $24,995 ride away (on road costs differ nationally). Refer to condition 20 for insurance terms and conditions; and
- 12 months* Shannons comprehensive motorcycle insurance cover for the Motorcycle. Approximate value $500. Subject to condition 20 (insurance terms and conditions).
- 12 months* Shannons Roadside Assist Enthusiast cover for the motorcycle. Approximate value $200. Subject to condition 21.
- $10,000 AUD spending money (transferred to the winner via EFT upon notification of account details. If the winner is a member of the Shannons Club with a profile image and enthusiast vehicle image at the time of the draw, they will receive an additional $AUD 5,000 spending money (transferred to the winner via EFT). To be a member of the Shannons Club the Eligible Entrant must join the club for free at www.shannons.com.au/club by the end of the Entry Period.
- The issue of Shannons Insurance is subject to the Issuer's normal acceptance criteria. If the winner falls outside of the Issuer's acceptance criteria, the Promoter may not offer the comprehensive motorcycle insurance portion of the prize to the winner. Details of how to apply for the insurance will be provided as part of the winner's notification. Shannons comprehensive motorcycle insurance is issued by AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807 (AAI). Shannons Pty Limited ABN 91 099 692 636 is an authorised representative of AAI. The winner should read the Product Disclosure Statement available at www.shannons.com.au before accepting and applying for the insurance and form their own view on whether the insurance is suitable having regard to their own objectives, financial situation and needs. If the winner resides in NSW, ACT or Queensland (where CTP insurance is separate to vehicle registration), CTP insurance will be issued:
- In NSW by AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807 trading as GIO. Shannons Pty Limited ABN 91 099 692 636 acts as agent and authorised representative of GIO.
- In ACT by AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807 trading as GIO.
- In Queensland by AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807 trading as Suncorp Insurance.
- The issue of Shannons Roadside Assist is subject to the winner being issued the comprehensive motorcycle insurance portion of the prize and the Issuer's normal acceptance criteria. If the winner is not issued comprehensive motorcycle insurance and/or falls outside of the Issuer's acceptance criteria, the Promoter may not offer the Roadside Assist portion of the prize to the winner. Details of how to apply for Roadside Assist will be provided as part of the winner's notification. Shannons Roadside Assist is provided by Digicall Assist Pty Ltd.
- The winner must arrange their own collection of the Motorcycle from their closest Australian authorised Indian Motorcycle dealership or agent (located in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Newcastle, Townsville, Adelaide, Darwin, Canberra, Tasmania, Tamworth, Wollongong and Perth). The winner will be advised of the dealership location, and the time and date at which the Motorcycle can be collected. The Promoter is not liable for any costs associated with the collection of the Motorcycle. Any collection costs will be at the winner's expense. If the winner is unable to collect the Motorcycle from the nearest authorised Indian Motorcycle dealership, the winner may elect to incur the cost of transporting the Motorcycle from their nearest authorised Indian Motorcycle dealership to an alternate claim point as nominated by the winner and deemed acceptable by the Promoter.
- If the winner is, through any legal incapacity or otherwise, unable to register or insure the Motorcycle in their own name, they may assign the Motorcycle to another person with legal capacity (who consents to the assignment). Such consent must be in writing and be signed by both the winner and the assignee. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any such arrangements between the winner and the assignee. The assignee and/or the winner must in these circumstances cooperate with the Promoter by providing certified copies of all the documentation required by the Promoter for the purposes of transfer of ownership, registration, insurance and roadside assist** before the Motorcycle is awarded.
- **The issue of Shannons comprehensive motorcycle insurance and Shannons Roadside Assist to the assignee is subject to the Issuer's normal underwriting acceptance criteria.
- To register the Motorcycle, the winner must provide the Promoter with the necessary signed documents and identification to satisfy the state or territory government vehicle registration authority. Once registration is provided by this authority, the Promoter will transfer registration into the winner's name (or assignee if applicable).
PROVISIONS APPLICABLE TO PRIZE GENERALLY
- The total prize pool is valued at up to $52,685 AUD including GST depending, if the winner is a member of the Shannons Club (in accordance with condition 19), and on road costs which differ nationally as at 8 May 2020. A prize value is the recommended retail value as provided by the relevant supplier(s). The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in a prize's value due to exchange rate changes or otherwise.
- Any additional costs not expressly stated, but which may be incurred in acceptance and use of a prize, are the responsibility of the winner.
- If the prize is won jointly (for example, in the case of joint policyholders), the joint prize winners must nominate one account to receive the EFT transfer.
- No compensation will be payable if a winner or any of their companions is unable to take any element of a prize as stated, or does not satisfy any conditions of use for any element of the prize (including conditions imposed by event organisers or staff, or other prize providers, such as health, behavior, age and safety requirements), for whatever reason. Any part of a prize that is not taken for any reason is forfeited and no compensation will be provided.
- If a prize (or part of a prize) is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, substitute alternative goods or services of equal or higher value, subject to the approval of any relevant gaming authority, where required. The Promoter accepts no other liability or responsibility for any loss incurred by a winner or any other party if a prize (or part of prize) is unavailable for any reason.
- Other than as expressly stated in these conditions, a prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable, non-replaceable, and non-redeemable for another prize including cash, except at the Promoter's discretion and subject to relevant State and Territory legislation.
- The winner will be notified within 2 days of the draw by a phone call and email, using the details provided in their entry.
- The prize notification will include instructions as to how the winner is to claim their prize.
- The prize will only be awarded following any winner validation and verification that the Promoter requires in its sole discretion.
- The name of the winner and their State or Territory of residence will be published on the Competition Website on 21 September 2020 for a minimum period of 28 days.
- The name of the winner and their State or Territory of residence will be published in The Australian newspaper on 22 September 2020.
- Subject, where relevant, to any directions given by a relevant gaming authority, if: (i) the prize is not claimed by a winner or the Promoter has been unable (despite reasonable efforts) to successfully contact the winner on or before 15 December 2020 (ii) the prize is forfeited for any reason; or (iii) the winner is determined by the Promoter to be ineligible to win the prize in accordance with these conditions, the prize will be forfeited and instead awarded to a Reserve Entrant or another Eligible Entrant in a redraw. Any such redraw will be made from a pool of the remaining Eligible Entrants and will take place at 12.00pm on 16 December 2020 at the same location as the original draw, with all unclaimed prizes awarded to the next valid entry randomly drawn. The name of any resulting winner and their State or Territory of residence will be published on the Competition Website and in The Australian newspaper on 21 December 2020. The redraw prize winner will be notified within 2 days of the redraw by a phone call and email using the details provided in their entry.
- If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, or is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, weather event, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the approval of any relevant gaming authorities, where required.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility for: (i) any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by) the Promoter or any entrant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise; (ii) any theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of such communications; (iii) any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Competition; (iv) any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of the administering this Competition (whether as a result of one of the foregoing causes or otherwise); or (v) any delay in delivery (when not directly caused by the Promoter or its supplier), or failure of safe delivery of a prize.
- All of the Promoter's decisions in relation to all aspects of this Competition are final and no correspondence will be entered into. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- The winner accepts the prize at their own risk. Any tax liability arising as a result of accepting the prize is the responsibility of the winner. Independent financial advice should be sought.
- To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies and any of their personnel (the "Relevant Parties") exclude all liability for any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any Eligible Entrant in connection with the Competition or the prize, including without limitation: (i) any indirect, special, economic or consequential loss; (ii) any loss arising from the negligence of a Relevant Party; and (iii) any liability for personal injury or death. To the extent that such liability cannot be excluded by law, it is limited to the minimum allowable by law. The Promoter may request that a winner signs and returns a deed of release to this effect as a condition of the prize being awarded. If a winner fails to sign and return such release, they may forfeit the prize.
- The winner (and companions) must, at the Promoter's request, participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding winning the prize, free of charge, and consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including any photograph, film and/or recording of them) in promotional material in any media at any time without notification or compensation, financial or otherwise.
- The Promoter may communicate or advertise this Competition using social media platforms i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter ("Social Media Platform"). However, the Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any Social Media Platform. Each entrant completely releases the Social Media Platforms from any and all liability in relation to this Competition, and acknowledges that this Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any Social Media Platform. Eligible Entrants provide their information to the Promoter and not to any Social Media Platforms.
PRIVACY STATEMENT AND MARKETING CONSENT
- Eligible Entrants' and companions' personal information is collected from entrants (and/or companions) by or on behalf of the Promoter to enable the Promoter and its agents to manage, administer and promote the Competition and, where applicable, publicise the winner. The personal information may also be provided to persons assisting the Promoter, including prize suppliers and deliverers, marketing agencies and IT providers, and to gaming authorities, media outlets and related companies. The Promoter will disclose Eligible Entrants' personal information and/or collect personal information about Eligible Entrants from persons overseas to engage in its business functions and activities and for the purposes detailed in this statement. The Promoter will disclose a winner's first initial, surname and State/Territory of residence to The Australian newspaper for publication. The winner's name will also be published on the Competition Website. By participating in the Competition (and/or accepting the prize), Eligible Entrants and their companions consent to these uses and disclosures of their personal information.
- Entry into the Competition also entitles the Promoter and any related companies that use the Shannons brand ("we"/"us") to let the Eligible Entrant know from time to time about news, offers, products and services they might be interested in (by any medium, including telephone, email, mail, SMS or online marketing). In order to carry out direct marketing, entrants' personal information will be collected from and disclosed to others that provide us with specialised data matching, trending or analytical services, as well as general marketing services. We, and other people who provide us with services, may combine the personal information collected from entrants or others, with the information we, or other companies in the Suncorp Group, or our service providers already hold about entrants. We may also use online targeted marketing, data and audience matching and market segmentation to improve advertising relevance. Each Eligible Entrant agrees that they must provide and/or maintain their consent to receive such marketing communications and not opt out of receiving such communications during the Entry Period.
- Competition permits: ACT TP 20/00716, NSW LTPS/20/43858, SA T20/614.