SHANNONS HOLDEN COMPETITION CONDITIONS
- This competition ("Competition") is conducted by Shannons Pty Limited, ABN 91 099 692 636 (“the Promoter”), of Level 28 Brisbane Square, 266 George Street, Brisbane, Queensland 4000, ph 13 46 46.
- All entry instructions and prize information published by the Promoter form part of these conditions. By entering, entrants accept these conditions.
- The Competition is only open to individuals who: (i) are Australian residents aged 18 years or older at time of entry; and (ii) are not directors, management or employees, or their immediate family members, of the Promoter or its related companies or agencies associated with the Competition ("Eligible Entrant").
- Competition entry commences at 12.00am on 1 October 2018 and closes at 5.00pm on 29 March 2019 ("Entry Period"). Except as otherwise stated, all times are Melbourne time.
- In these conditions:
- "Competition Website" means shannons.com.au/holden
- To enter the Competition, an Eligible Entrant must, during the Entry Period visit the Competition Website, and follow the directions to fully complete and submit the entry form including their first name, last name, phone number, valid email address and tick the box agreeing to these conditions as well as consenting to receive Shannons marketing communications and not opt out during the Entry Period.
- Entrants may only enter the Competition in their own name. Limit of one entry per person. Any subsequent entry from the same person after the first valid entry is received will be deemed invalid.
- It is a condition of entry that Eligible Entrants consent to receive Shannons marketing communications and do not opt out during the Entry Period.
- Shannons Pty Limited ABN 91 099 692 636 is an authorised representative of AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807 AFSL 230859, the product issuer. Read the Product Disclosure Statement before buying insurance. Contact the Promoter for a copy.
- Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Entry Period. Entries will be deemed received at the time that the Promoter is satisfied that all necessary requirements under condition 6 have been met and not at the time of submission by the Eligible Entrant. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or delays or failures in any equipment or telecommunications service used to administer this Competition.
- Cost of entry via the internet is free, but internet connection and usage rates may apply. Eligible Entrants should obtain details of such costs from their service providers.
- Eligible Entrants must submit their internet entry manually. The Promoter may reject internet entries if it reasonably forms the opinion that they have been entered using automated entry means or by use of a competition entry service.
- The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, declare an entry invalid or disqualify any entrant that tampers with the entry process or benefits from such tampering, submits an entry that is incomplete or not in accordance with these conditions, or otherwise acts in a manner that is disruptive, dishonest or calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right to require an entrant to verify the validity of their entry within the requested time, including but not limited to an entrant’s identity, eligibility, age and address and to disqualify any entrant who does not satisfy any entry criteria in these conditions. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Proof considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s discretion.
DRAW AND PRIZE
- All valid entries received during the Entry Period will be entered into the prize draw. The random prize draw will be held at 12.00pm on 3 April 2019 at Engage Australia, Level 8, 56 Clarence Street, Sydney, NSW 2000.
- There is one prize to be won. The first valid entry randomly drawn will win the prize.
- – The prize is a 2017 Holden MY17 VF2 SSV Redline Sedan V8 Auto in the colour Red Hot with Jet Black trim (“the Car”), including Motorsport Carpet Mats, a Rear High Wing Spoiler, 7-year factory warranty, 12 months* registration (in the winner’s State/Territory of residence), 12 months* compulsory third party (“CTP”) insurance and transfer stamp duty. Valued at $55,241.60.
- – 12 months* Shannons comprehensive car insurance cover for the Car. Approximate value $1,760. Subject condition 17 (insurance terms and conditions).
- The issue of Shannons Insurance is subject to Shannons normal acceptance criteria. If the winner falls outside of Shannons’ acceptance criteria, the Promoter may not offer the comprehensive car insurance portion of the prize to the winner. Details of how to apply for the insurance will be provided as part of the winner’s notification. Shannons comprehensive car insurance issued by AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807 (AAI). Shannons Pty Limited ABN 91 099 692 636 is an authorised representative of AAI. The winner should read the Product Disclosure Statement available at www.shannons.com.au before accepting and applying for the insurance and form their own view on whether the insurance is suitable having regard to their own objectives, financial situation and needs. If the winner resides in NSW, ACT or Queensland (where CTP insurance is separate to vehicle registration), CTP insurance will be issued:
- In NSW by AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807 trading as GIO. Shannons Pty Limited ABN 91 099 692 636 acts as agent and authorised representative of GIO.
- In ACT by AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807 trading as GIO.
- In Queensland by AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807 trading as Suncorp Insurance.
- If the winner is, through any legal incapacity or otherwise, unable to register or insure the Car in their own name, they may assign the Car to another person with legal capacity (who consents to the assignment). Such consent must be in writing and be signed by both the winner and the assignee. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any such arrangements between the winner and the assignee. The assignee and/or the winner must in these circumstances cooperate with the Promoter by providing certified copies of all the documentation required by the Promoter for the purposes of transfer of ownership, registration and insurance** before the Car is awarded.
- **The issue of Shannons comprehensive car insurance to the assignee is subject to Shannons normal underwriting acceptance criteria.
- To register the Car, the winner must provide the Promoter with the necessary signed documents and identification to satisfy the state or territory government vehicle registration authority. Once registration is provided by this authority, the Promoter will transfer registration into the winner’s name (or assignee if applicable).
PROVISIONS APPLICABLE TO PRIZE GENERALLY
- The total prize pool is valued at up to $57,001.60 AUD. Prize value is the recommended retail value as provided by the relevant supplier(s). The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in a prize’s value due to exchange rate changes or otherwise.
- No compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to take any element of a prize as stated, or does not satisfy any conditions of use for any element of the prize (including conditions imposed by event organisers or staff, or other prize providers, such as health, behavior, age and safety requirements), for whatever reason. Any part of a prize that is not taken for any reason is forfeited and no compensation will be provided.
- If a prize (or part of a prize) is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, substitute alternative goods or services of equal or higher value, subject to the approval of any relevant gaming authority, where required. The Promoter accepts no other liability or responsibility for any loss incurred by a winner or any other party if a prize (or part of prize) is unavailable for any reason.
- Other than as expressly stated in these conditions, a prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable, non-replaceable, and non-redeemable for another prize including cash, except at the Promoter’s discretion and subject to relevant State and Territory legislation.
- The winner will be notified within 2 days of the draw by a phone call and email, using the details provided in their entry.
- The prize notification will include instructions as to how the winner is to claim their prize. The Prize will be delivered to the winner at their nominated Australian Address within 28 days of the draw.
- The prize will only be awarded following any winner validation and verification that the Promoter requires in its sole discretion.
- The name of the winner and their State or Territory of residence will be published at the Competition website.
- The name of the winner and their State or Territory of residence will be published in The Australian newspaper on 10 April 2019.
- Subject, where relevant, to any directions given by a relevant gaming authority, if: (i) a prize is not claimed by a winner or the Promoter has been unable (despite reasonable efforts) to successfully contact the winner within 3 months of the draw for the Prize, by 10 July 2019; or (ii) a winner is determined by the Promoter to be ineligible to win a prize in accordance with these conditions, the relevant prize will be forfeited and instead awarded to another Eligible Entrant in a redraw. Any such redraw will be made from a pool of the remaining Eligible Entrants and will take place at 1.00pm on 11 July 2019 at the same location as the original draw, with any unclaimed prizes awarded to the next valid entry randomly drawn in descending order of value (if applicable). The name of any resulting winner(s) and their State or Territory of residence will be published in The Australian newspaper on 17 July 2019. Any redraw prize winner(s) will be notified within 2 days of the redraw by email using the details provided in their entry.
- If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, or is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, weather event, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the approval of any relevant gaming authorities, where required.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility for: (i) any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by) the Promoter or any entrant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise; (ii) any theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of such communications; (iii) any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Competition; (iv) any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of the administering this Competition (whether as a result of one of the foregoing causes or otherwise); or (v) any delay in delivery (when not directly caused by the Promoter or its supplier), or failure of safe delivery of a prize.
- All of the Promoter's decisions in relation to all aspects of this Competition are final and no correspondence will be entered into. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- The winner accepts the prize at their own risk. Any tax liability arising as a result of accepting the prize is the responsibility of the winner. Independent financial advice should be sought.
- To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies and any of their personnel (the "Relevant Parties") exclude all liability for any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any Eligible Entrant in connection with the Competition or the prize, including without limitation: (i) any indirect, special, economic or consequential loss; (ii) any loss arising from the negligence of a Relevant Party; and (iii) any liability for personal injury or death. To the extent that such liability cannot be excluded by law, it is limited to the minimum allowable by law. The Promoter may request that a winner signs and returns a deed of release to this effect as a condition of the prize being awarded. If a winner fails to sign and return such release, they may forfeit the prize.
- The winner must, at the Promoter’s request, participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding winning the prize, free of charge, and consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including any photograph, film and/or recording of them) in promotional material in any media at any time without notification or compensation, financial or otherwise.
PRIVACY STATEMENT AND MARKETING CONSENT
- Entrants’ personal information is collected from entrants by or on behalf of the Promoter to enable the Promoter and its agents to manage, administer and promote the Competition and, where applicable, publicise the winner. The personal information may also be provided to persons assisting the Promoter, including prize suppliers and deliverers, marketing agencies and IT providers, and to gaming authorities, media outlets and related companies. The Promoter will disclose a winner's name and State/Territory of residence to the Australian for publication. The winner’s name and State/Territory of residence will also be published on the Competition Website. By participating in the Competition, Eligible Entrants consent to these uses and disclosures of their personal information.
- Entry into the Competition also entitles the Promoter and any related companies that use the Shannons brand (“we”/”us”) to let the Eligible Entrant know from time to time about news, offers, products and services they might be interested in (by any medium, including telephone, email, mail, SMS or online marketing). In order to carry out direct marketing, entrants’ personal information will be collected from and disclosed to others that provide us with specialised data matching, trending or analytical services, as well as general marketing services. We, and other people who provide us with services, may combine the personal information collected from entrants or others, with the information we, or other companies in the Suncorp Group, or our service providers already hold about entrants. We may also use online targeted marketing, data and audience matching and market segmentation to improve advertising relevance. Each Eligible Entrant agrees that they must provide and/or maintain their consent to receive such marketing communications and not opt out of receiving such communications during the Entry Period.
- Competition permits: ACT TP 18/01764, NSW LTPS/18/27918, SA T18/1615.