WW2 Ford flathead V8 powered 25 kVa generator
This is a video of our 25kVa WWII built generator on the back of our 1948 International KB-3 at the local vintage tractor pull. Originally used in Darwin to power searchlights, it was sold post war and came to Red Cliffs in Victoria where it was used to power the local open air movie theater. It was later sold and went to outback South Australia where it was used as primary power for the construction of a house and was then used for power until the electricity grid became available. The power unit was then sold to a man in Lobethal, S.A. who repainted it and fitted new rings to the original flathead motor. It's a brilliant and useful unit that looks great on a vintage truck.