The Shannons Targa Tour is a unique opportunity to take part in the world-renowned Targa Tasmania as a Shannons Club Member and motoring enthusiast.
You will enjoy the freedom of driving your pride and joy, your classic restoration or late model classic on ALL stages of the event. You will rub shoulders with legends, the exhilaration of mountainous roads with a view around every corner and enjoy a bonding journey alongside like-minded enthusiasts like no other.
This is the Ultimate driving experience.
- Non Competitive six day tour of Tasmania
- Limited to 35 vehicles
- Open to all registered vehicles of interest
- Posted Speed Limit
- Minimum Level 2 Non Speed CAMS Licence required
The tour adheres to the sign posted speed limits. The Shannons Targa Tour follows the same course as the competition vehicles, on closed roads using both sides of the road, ensuring you feel every twist and turn of the event until you cross the hard earned finishing line on the Hobart Waterfront in front of 1000s of spectators.
SHANNONS TARGA TASMANIA ITINERARY
Documentation and Scrutiny | Saturday 14th and Sunday 15th April
Welcome Party | Sunday 15 April (Overnight in Launceston)
Day 0 | Sunday 15th April – Symmons Plains Raceway Luncheon
Day 1 | Monday 16 April (Overnight in Launceston)
Day 2 | Tuesday 17 April (Overnight in Launceston)
Day 3 | Wednesday 18 April (Overnight in Launceston)
Day 4 | Thursday 19 April (Overnight in Strahan)
Day 5 | Friday 20 April (Overnight in Hobart)
Day 6 | Saturday 21 April - Official Finish (Overnight in Hobart)
- Return Travel for two people (twin share) and one entered car on the Spirit of Tasmania sailing to Tasmania on 14th April and sailing back to Melbourne on 21st April. Alternate travel dates can be arranged.
- Seven Night’s accommodation (twin share) in quality four star hotels around the state
- Three meals each day for two people for seven days
- Road Books for all stages and touring stages
- Competitor Lanyards and official ‘Invitation to compete’
- Participation of each competitive stage of the event
- Symmons Plains Raceway luncheon
- Your vehicle displayed indoors at the Launceston Silverdome
- Your chance to meet and lunch with Jim Richards (7 time Targa Tasmania winner)
- Complimentary entry ticket to the official Welcome Party for Driver and Co -Driver
- A set of metal Targa Tasmania number plates, and vehicle door panels.
- Competitor briefing
- Luggage service to follow the event
- Finishers Medallion for Driver and Co-Driver (upon completion of the event)
- Shannons VIP marquee and viewing area at the Hobart Finish
MINIMUM VEHICLE SAFETY
A vehicle wishing to participate in the Shannons Targa Tour must be equipped with the following:
- Two Safety Triangles
- First Aid Kit
- At least One Tow Point - either front and/or rear
- Tyres must be road legal (no slicks allowed) and maintain a tread depth above the wear indicators always. Any vehicle found to have unsuitable tyres at any time will not be allowed to proceed through the next stage until the tyre/s are changed to the satisfaction of the organisers
- Full-Face FIA Approved helmets must be worn by both participants on Targa Stages in convertible cars, if the roof is down or removed, and all open top vehicles*
- It is highly recommended but not compulsory to securely fit a correctly maintained hand-held fire extinguisher with a total capacity of not less than 1.0kg
- Vehicles do not require a roll cage, race seats or harnesses in the Shannons Targa Tour
TOUR RULES and REGULATIONS
1. Licence Requirements
Both driver and co-driver shall hold, as a minimum, a current CAMS Level 2 Non- Speed Licence. Except for navigator-only licences, either crew member may drive the vehicle during the course of the event. A crew member who does not hold a Civil Driver’s Licence shall not be eligible to drive the vehicle at any stage during the event. Please click link to obtain a CAMS Licence form;
In order to obtain a CAMS licence, both Driver and Navigator will require a membership with a CAMS affiliated car club. Search for all CAMS affiliated clubs in your state from the link below;
2. Clothing Requirements
Participants must wear neck to wrist to ankle cover and closed flat shoes whilst driving through Targa Stages. Clothing of synthetic materials are not permitted.
VEHICLE THIRD PARTY PROPERTY /COMPREHENSIVE INSURANCE
Vehicle third party property insurance and / or comprehensive insurance is the sole responsibility of the entrant.
Shannons Insurance does not offer insurance cover on closed road sections of this event, please contact Shannons Insurance on 134646 for details or read your product disclosure statement for clarification.
The price for this all-inclusive package is $8450.00 inc GST for one car and two people.
Additional items such as, room upgrades, sightseeing tours and extended stays can be provided at additional cost.
Please contact Alice McKenzie at Targa Australia on 0447 770 813 or simply email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details