2022 Shannons Winter Timed Online Auction
1937 Dodge Fargo Utility
This lot is no longer available
The Fargo Motor Car Company originally produced trucks in Pilsen, Chicago in 1913, before the brand disappeared in 1922. However, Chrysler purchased Fargo in 1928 and reintroduced a line of trucks bearing the name before it absorbed Dodge and started producing its truck line so, over time, Fargo trucks became rebadged Dodges. From then on, Fargo trucks were almost identical to Dodge models, save for trim and name, and were sold by Chrysler-Plymouth dealers. American sales of Fargo trucks were discontinued in the 1930s, however the name Fargo continued to be used in Canada until 1972, to differentiate trucks sold by Chrysler-Plymouth dealers from the Dodge trucks sold at Dodge dealers. Manufactured in Detroit at the Lynch Road facility, the Fargo brand lived longer in other countries under the Chrysler Corporation's badge engineering program. Dodge trucks were offered under the Fargo (or De Soto) names in most of Latin America. In Europe and Asia, Fargos were mainly built at Chrysler's Kew (UK) plant and sold under either the Fargo or DeSoto badge names. In Australia, both American and British Dodge models, along with locally assembled units, were marketed by Chrysler Australia with Dodge, Fargo, or De Soto badges.