This lot is no longer available
The Datsun 520 utility was built from 1965 until May 1968. Strongly resembling a Datsun 410/411 from the front, since it shared most of the same sheet metal with that car, the Datsun 520 was a traditional utility with a separate cabin and high-sided load tray. It was powered by the then-new 1.3 litre, 67 hp Nissan J13 four-cylinder engine, hooked up to a four-speed manual with column-mounted shift. Up front the Datsun used A-arm torsion bar independent front suspension with leaf-sprung live axle rear ends, giving the 520 a half-ton load capacity. In 1965 and 1966 the 520 had two single headlights, but for 1967 the 520 was slightly redesigned with twin headlights. This design was carried on until the end of 520 production. Single cab (520, and L520 for left-hand drive version), LWB Single cab (G520), Double cab (U520) and delivery van (V520) versions were also available. Front guard badges read “Datsun 1300”, “Datsun 1500” or “Datsun 1600” depending on the engine fitted.