1936 Hudson Terraplane Business Coupe (LHD)
Result: PASSED IN
The Hudson Motor Car Company of Detroit, Michigan introduced the Terraplane model in 1932 and the name continued until 1939. In 1933 the car was known simply as the Terraplane until 1936, when it was brought fully into the Hudson line-up. The Terraplane was a low priced but nonetheless powerful vehicle that was sold as both passenger and commercial vehicles, with choice of either six or eight-cylinder engines. Hudson vehicles were assembled in Canada, England and Australia in low volume, under license. Australian law made it impractical to import a fully assembled car and thus bodies were built by local craftsman at firms such as Ruskin Motor Bodies Ltd. and General Motors-Holden's Ltd, both in Melbourne. In a few cases these bodies included styles not available in the U.S. market, such as tourers and coupe utilities. The Terraplane chassis and engine was also used in the British Railton car made between 1933 and 1939. Several hill climbing, economy runs, and speed records were established by the marque in the production years.