1967 BMW R50 Motorcycle
First introduced in 1955 the tubular steel framed 500cc BMW R50 motor cycle continued a long tradition of quality BMW touring bikes. Powered by an opposed-twin engine with shaft drive, the R50 was the smaller-engined brother of the high-compression R60 series, which ran concurrently.
For 1960 the original R50 was updated to become the R50/2, and furthered the bike's reputation as a strong, sturdy machine, equally capable of hauling a sidecar or running unaccompanied. Today they are fondly known as BMW's 'slash-2' models.