1947 Jaguar MkIV 1½ litre Saloon
Jaguar's post-war saloon was never officially designated the Mk IV, specialists gave the saloon that title retrospectively to differentiate it from the later Mk V. In period, this vehicle was simply known as the Jaguar 1.5-litre, 2.5-litre or 3.5-litre depending on which engine was fitted. The Mk IV was essentially carried over from the pre-war SS Jaguar 1.5-litre (etc) saloon, with the company name changed to Jaguar Cars Limited. In post-war form the drophead coupe was removed from the range leaving only closed saloons and coupes. 2.5 and 3.5 engines were now built by Jaguar, however the 1.5-litre version was supplied by Standard as per the pre-war agreement. Changes were very minor from the SS cars, with badging changed over to Jaguar. Production ceased in 1948 when the modernised Mk V came on stream.