Shannons Customer Feedback Promotion - Terms and Conditions
1. The promoter of the Suncorp Customer Feedback Promotion ("Competition") is Suncorp Insurance Services Ltd (ABN 79 000 746 092) of Suncorp Centre, Level 18, 36 Wickham Tce, Brisbane, Qld 4000.
2. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this Competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
3. The period of this Competition begins at 12:00:00am (AEDT) on 1 November 2012 and ends at 11:59:59pm (AEDT) on 31 July 2013 ("Competition Period"). The Competition Period is made up of three separate prize draw periods ("Prize Draw Periods"), which are:
- Prize Draw Period 1: 12:00:00am (AEDT) 1 November 2012 to 11:59:59pm (AEDT) on 31 January 2013;
- Prize Draw Period 2: 12:00:00am (AEDT) 1 February 2013 to 11:59:59pm (AEST) on 30 April 2013; and
- Prize Draw Period 3: 12:00:00am (AEST) 1 May 2013 to 11:59:59pm (AEST) on 31 July 2013.
4. Entry is open to selected current and former property insurance customers ("Customers") of Shannons Limited ("Shannons"), who have made a claim on their selected insurance policy ("Selected Policy") AND have been requested by Shannons to provide feedback ("Feedback") on their claim experience via their mobile phone number during the Competition Period AND details of the Competition's entry offer are contained within Shannons Feedback request.
5. One entry per Customer, upon completion of the Feedback for a Selected Policy, will go into the relevant Prize Draw Period draw to win a $1,000 cash prize. A total of three prize draws will be held, one for each Prize Draw Period, on the dates set out in clause 14. If a Customer makes multiple insurance claims within the Competition Period, and feedback is sought by Shannons in accordance with condition 4, the Customer can at most enter once per Prize Draw Period, so at most three times during the entire Competition Period.
6. Customers enter their Feedback by replying by SMS to the sender of the Promoter's SMS/MMS which contains a Competition entry offer (which will result in an instant automated phone survey, at no further cost) or by calling a designated 1800 number after receipt of the Promoter's Competition entry offer SMS/MMS. The entry cost is the individual Entrant's standard SMS charge on their mobile network for one SMS (inclusive of any GST as billed by their service provider).
7. Employees (and their Immediate Family Members) of the Promoter, or any related body corporate of the Promoter including the entity set out in clause 4, as well as any agency associated with this Promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate Family Members means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto, ex-de-facto, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
8. A successful Entrant is referred to in these Terms and Conditions as an Entrant. To enter the Competition an Entrant must successfully enter their Feedback within the Competition Period, but no later than 11:59:59pm (AEDT) on 31 July 2013. An incomplete entry will be deemed invalid and removed from the relevant draw.
9. An Entrant must provide the Promoter with their contact telephone (mobile number or landline number) when requested during the Feedback survey.
10. In addition to the specific conditions explained in clauses 6, 8 and 9 the Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or for any delays or failures in any telecommunications service or equipment. Entries into the Competition will be deemed accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of submission by the Entrant.
11. The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare any entry made by an Entrant invalid if the Entrant tampers with the entry process, benefits from such tampering or submits an entry that is illegible, incomplete or not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
12. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and each Entrant (including each Entrant's identity and association pursuant to clause 7) and to disqualify any Entrant who has breached the entry criteria explained in these Terms and Conditions and/or to conduct a re-draw of the prize. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
13. This is not a game of skill. The single prize winner from each Prize Draw Period will be selected by Feedback ASAP Pty Ltd (on behalf of the Promoter) at random through an automatic selection process.
14. The prize draws will be conducted by Feedback ASAP Pty Ltd at Level 10, 380 St Kilda Road 3004 on the following dates:
- Draw 1: 1 February 2013
- Draw 2: 1 May 2013
- Draw 3: 1 August 2013
at approximately midday (AEST) on each occasion.
15. The winner of each Prize Draw Period will be notified by telephone and SMS within 7 days of the draw. The winners' names will also be published in The Australian newspaper on the following dates:
- Draw 1: 15 February 2013
- Draw 2: 15 May 2013
- Draw 3: 15 August 2013
If a prize winner(s) is located in the ACT, that winner(s) will be notified by mail.
16. The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. The first valid entry drawn for each Prize Draw Period will win $1,000 (Australian dollars) which will be awarded in the form of a VISA Gift Card within 14 days of the winner being notified. The VISA Gift Card will be posted to the winner by registered mail, at the Promoter's cost and is valid for 12 months from the date of card issue. The VISA Gift Card is subject to its terms of issue and may not be accepted by all retailers. The Promoter accepts no liability for a defective Gift Card however, if necessary, will provide reasonable assistance to a winner to ensure a replacement Visa Gift Card is provided.
18. The total value of the prize pool is $3,000 Australian dollars.
19. The prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken in any other form.
20. Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause 21, if for any reason a winner does not take possession of their prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize will be forfeited.
21. If a prize is still unclaimed after three calendar months of the original prize draw, the Promoter will conduct a further draw for the prize. Dates for these draws would be
- Draw 1: 15 May 2013
- Draw 2: 15 August 2013
- Draw 3: 15 November 2013
at the same time of day and address as the original draw. Each winner of an unclaimed prize draw will be notified by telephone and SMS within 7 days of the draw. If the winner(s) is located in the ACT that winner(s) will be notified by mail. The winner of an unclaimed prize draw will also be published in The Australian newspaper on:
- Draw 1: 29 May 2013
- Draw 2: 29 August 2013
- Draw 3: 29 November 2013
22. If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law to: (a) disqualify any Entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion, as appropriate.
23. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (e) in any way related to use of the prize.
24. This Competition is authorised under: NSW permit no. LTPS-12-09198 and ACT permit no. TP 12/04197
25. Any Entrant (who the Promoter automatically enters into the Competition when they provide Feedback on a Selected Policy in accordance with condition 4) who wishes to not participate in the Competition can email firstname.lastname@example.org and request for their entry to be removed from the relevant draw.