SHANNONS Customer Feedback Promotion
Thank you for participating in the Shannons claimant feedback survey. We greatly appreciate your feedback on your recent claim experience with Shannons. Your feedback is important to us and will help us to identify improvements to our processes and service. As mentioned in the survey, please find details on the Competition Conditions for the prize draw below.
- 1. This Shannons Customer Feedback Competition ("Competition") is conducted by AAI Limited (ABN 48 005 297 807 ) ("the Promoter") of Level 28, 266 George Street, Brisbane, Qld 4000. Please direct any postal correspondence to Level 35, 530 Collins Street, Melbourne, Vic 3000.
- 2. All entry instructions and prize information published by the Promoter form part of these conditions. By entering, entrants accept these conditions.
- 3. The Competition is only open to selected current and former property insurance customers of AAI Limited trading as Shannons ("Shannons"), who have made a claim on their selected insurance policy ("Selected Policy") AND have been requested by Shannons to provide feedback on their claim experience ("Feedback") via their mobile phone number during the Entry Period AND details of the Competition's entry offer are contained within Shannons' Feedback request. Entry is not open to directors, management or employees, or their immediate family members, of the Promoter or its related companies or agencies associated with this Competition.
- 4. Competition entry commences at 12:00:00am (AEST) on 1 July 2015 and ends at 11:59:59pm (AEST) on 30 September 2015 ("Entry Period").
- 5. To enter the Competition, a Customer must, during the Entry Period: enter their Feedback by replying by SMS to the sender of the Promoter's SMS/MMS which contains a Competition entry offer (which will result in an instant automated phone survey, at no further cost) or by calling the following 1800 numbers: 1800 127 268, 1800 129 586, 1800 131 503 after receipt of the Promoter's Competition entry offer SMS/MMS. The entry cost will reflect their standard SMS charge on their mobile network. Eligible Entrants should obtain details of such costs from their service providers.
- 6. One entry per Customer, upon completion of the Feedback for a Selected Policy, will go into the Prize Draw to win a $1,000 cash prize. One prize draw will be held on the date set out in clause 13. If a customer makes multiple insurance claims within the Entry Period, and feedback is sought by Shannons in accordance with condition 3, the customer can at most enter once during the Prize Draw Period, so at most one time during the entire Entry Period. Any subsequent entry from the same Customer after the first valid entry is received will be deemed invalid.
- 7. A customer who successfully enters this Competition pursuant to these Competition Conditions is known as an Eligible Entrant. To enter the Competition an Eligible Entrant must successfully enter their Feedback within the Entry Period, but no later than 11:59:59pm (AEST) on 30 September 2015 ("Entry"). Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Entry Period. Entries will be deemed received at the time that the Promoter is satisfied that all necessary requirements under condition 5 have been met and not at the time of submission by the Eligible Entrant. An incomplete entry will be deemed invalid and removed from the relevant draw.
- 8. An Eligible Entrant must provide the Promoter with their contact telephone (mobile number or landline number) when requested during the Feedback survey.
- 9. In addition to the specific conditions explained in clauses 5, 6, 7 and 8 the Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or for any delays or failures in any equipment or telecommunications service used to administer this Competition.
- 10. The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare any entry made by a Customer invalid if they tamper with the entry process, benefit from such tampering or submit an entry that is illegible, incomplete or not in accordance with these Competition Conditions.
- 11. The Promoter reserves the right to require a Customer to verify the validity of their entry within the requested time, including but not limited to a Customer's identify and association pursuant to clause 3 and to disqualify any Customer who does not satisfy any entry criteria in these Competition Conditions. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Proof considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter's discretion.
- 12. This is not a game of skill. The single prize winner from the Prize Draw Period will be selected by Feedback ASAP Pty Ltd (on behalf of the Promoter) at random through an automatic selection process.
- 13. The prize draw will be conducted by Feedback ASAP Pty Ltd at Level 10, 380 St Kilda Road on the following date:
- 2 October 2015
- At midday AEST
- 14. The winner of the Prize Draw Period will be notified by telephone and SMS within two days of the draw. The winner's name will also be published in The Australian newspaper on the following date:
If a prize winner is located in the ACT, that winner will be notified by mail.
- 15. The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- 16. The first valid entry drawn will win $1,000 (Australian dollars) which will be awarded in the form of a VISA Gift Card within 14 days of the winner being notified.
- 17. The VISA Gift Card will be posted to the winner at their nominated Australian address by registered mail, at the Promoter's cost and is valid for 12 months from the date of card issue. The VISA Gift Card is subject to its terms of issue and may not be accepted by all retailers. The Promoter accepts no liability for a defective Gift Card however, if necessary, will provide reasonable assistance to a winner to ensure a replacement Visa Gift Card is provided.
- 18. The prize will only be awarded following any winner validation and verification that the Promoter requires in its sole discretion.
- 19. The total value of the prize pool is $1,000 Australian dollars including GST as at 20 June 2015. The prize value is the recommended retail value as provided by the relevant supplier(s). The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in the prize's value due to exchange rate changes or otherwise.
- 20. Any additional costs not expressly stated, but which may be incurred in acceptance and use of the prize, are the responsibility of the winner. This includes but is not limited to taxes and any other ancillary costs.
- 21. No compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to take any element of the prize as stated, or does not satisfy any conditions of use for any element of the prize (including conditions imposed by event organisers or staff, or other prize providers, such as health, behaviour, age and safety requirements), for whatever reason. Any part of the prize that is not taken for any reason is forfeited and no compensation will be provided.
- 22. If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, substitute alternative goods or services of equal or higher value, subject to the approval of any relevant gaming authority, where required. The Promoter accepts no other liability or responsibility for any loss incurred by the winner or any other party if the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable for any reason.
- 23. Other than as expressly stated in these conditions, the prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable, non-replaceable, and non-redeemable for another prize including cash, except at the Promoter's discretion and subject to relevant State and Territory legislation.
- 24. Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause 25, if for any reason the winner does not take possession of their prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize will be forfeited.
- 25. Subject, where relevant, to any directions given by a relevant gaming authority, if: (i) the prize is not claimed by the winner or the Promoter has been unable (despite reasonable efforts) to successfully contact the winner after three calendar months of the original prize draw; or (ii) the winner is determined by the Promoter to be ineligible to win the prize in accordance with these conditions, the relevant prize will be forfeited and instead awarded to another Eligible Entrant in a redraw. Any such redraw will be made from a pool of the remaining Eligible Entrants from the respective draw and will take place on the following date:
at the same time of day and address as the original draw, with any unclaimed prize awarded to the next valid entry randomly drawn. The resulting redraw prize winner will be notified by telephone and SMS using the details provided in their entry within two days of the draw. If the re-draw prize winner is located in the ACT they will be notified by mail. Re-draw prize winner will also be published in The Australian newspaper on:
PROVISIONS APPLICABLE TO PRIZE GENERALLY
- 26. If this Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law to: (a) disqualify any customer; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition, as appropriate.
- 27. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for: (i) any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by) the Promoter or any entrant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise; (ii) any theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of such communications; (iii) any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Competition; (iv) any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of the administering this Competition (whether as a result of one of the foregoing causes or otherwise); or (v) any delay in delivery (when not directly caused by the Promoter or its supplier), or failure of safe delivery of the prize.
- 28. All of the Promoter's decisions in relation to all aspects of this Competition are final and no correspondence will be entered into. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- 29. A winner accepts the prize at their own risk. Any tax liability arising as a result of accepting the prize is the responsibility of the winner. Independent financial advice should be sought.
- 30. To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies and any of their personnel (the "Relevant Parties") exclude all liability for any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any Eligible Entrant in connection with the Competition or the prize, including without limitation: (i) any indirect, special, economic or consequential loss; (ii) any loss arising from the negligence of a Relevant Party; and (iii) any liability for personal injury or death. To the extent that such liability cannot be excluded by law, it is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
- 31. Any Customer (who the Promoter automatically enters into the Competition when they provide Feedback on a Selected Policy in accordance with condition 3) who wishes to not participate in the Competition can email email@example.com and request for their entry to be removed from the relevant draw.
- 32. Promoter's Privacy Statement. Entrants' personal information is collected from Customers by or on behalf of the Promoter to enable the Promoter and its agents to manage, administer and promote the Competition and, where applicable, publicise the winner. The personal information may also be provided to persons assisting the Promoter, including prize suppliers and deliverers, marketing agencies and IT providers, and to gaming authorities, media outlets and related companies. The Promoter will disclose a winner's first initial, surname and State/Territory of residence to The Australian newspaper for publication. By participating in the Competition, Customers consent to these uses and disclosures of their personal information.
- 34. This Competition is authorised under: NSW permit no. LTPS/15/04489 and ACT permit no. TP 15/06249