NSW CTP Car Insurance

NSW CTP Car & Motorcycle Insurance

Faster, easier NSW Green Slips are here

Soon a new, faster process for collecting your personal details and vehicle information will be/has been introduced. For the purchase of a green slip.

What is changing?

To buy a new Green Slip you simply need to provide us with two (2) pieces of information to help us identify you and your vehicle. These details are located on your RMS registration papers.

We use this information to retrieve your registration details from RMS, saving you time and ensuring that the correct CTP premium is calculated, providing the information is correct.

What are the benefits of the changes?

The changes have been made to benefit you in two ways:

Faster vehicle registration

  • Reduced information required to purchase a new Green Slip
  • Immediate transfer of CTP details to RMS including new registrations that currently require a hard copy CTP receipt to be presented

Correct premium guaranteed

  • Your premium will take into account your registration details retrieved from RMS

What does this mean for you?

  • You will need the listed information to buy a CTP Green Slip policy, however if you don't have it we can provide you with a quote.
  • You need to make sure the details listed with RMS are correct. Contact RMS to make any changes on 13 33 13 before arranging/paying your CTP Green Slip.
  • You no longer need to provide RMS with a hardcopy of your CTP Green Slip. Confirmation is sent electronically to RMS immediately on receipt of payment.

Please see our FAQs section for more information relating to these changes.

Compulsory Third Party Personal Injury (CTP) Insurance, also known as CTP Green Slip Insurance, must be purchased before a car or motorcycle can be registered in NSW.

CTP Green Slip Insurance provides compensation for people injured in a motor vehicle accident, however, cover for injuries to the driver/rider who causes the accident are limited.

CTP protects the owner of the vehicle, or any other person who at anytime drives/rides the vehicle/motorcycle, against claims for liability in respect of the death or injury to a person caused by the fault of the owner or driver/rider of the vehicle/motorcycle found to be at fault. If you do not have a CTP Green Slip for your vehicle, you could be personally liable for an injury compensation claim which could reach millions of dollars.

Shannons NSW Green Slip Insurance is for existing Shannons motor policy holders, and is only available on vehicles insured with Shannons.

Get a NSW CTP Quote